Former Governors of Madhya Pradesh
|Sh. K. C. Reddy|
Tenure : 11.02.1965 to 07.03.1971
Shri Kyasamballi Chengalrao Reddy
Blossomed - 04 May 1902
Wilted On - 27 Feb 1986
BA, B.L., L.Ld.
- President of Mysore People's Federation from 1935-37
- Editor of "Janvani" for a while
- President of Mysore Congress during 1937-38 and 1946-47
- Chief Minister of Mysore State
- Member of Constituent Assembly from 1947-50
- Elected member of Mysore Legislative Assembly in 1952
- Elected Rajya Sabha member from 1952-57
- Elected Lok Sabha member from 1957-64
- Founder member of School of Economics
- Minister for Housing and Supplies from 1957-61
- Minister for Commerce and Industries from 1961-62
- Very particular about cleanliness. Used to get upset about paper shreds, cigarette butts strewn on the ground.
- Deep interest in social works
- Smt. Reddy became the hub of social and cultural acts in his tenure. She stayed chairman of MP Social Welfare Board.
- Didn't know Hindi, faced many problems thus.
- Traveled to USA, USSR and UK