Former Governors of Madhya Pradesh
|Sh. S. N. Sinha|
Tenure : 08.03.1971 to 13.10.1977
Shri Satya Narayan Sinha
Blossomed - 09 Jul 1900 (Shambhupatti, Darbhanga, Bihar)
L.Lb., Patna University
Farmer and Landlord
Languages known : Hindi, English and Sanskrit
Good knowledge on Goswami Tulsi Das.
- Joined freedom struggle in 1920
- Member of Bihar Vidhan Mandal from 1926-30
- AICC member for many years
- Elected member of Central Vidhan Sabha in 1934
- Re-elected member of Central Vidhan Sabha in 1945
- Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs from 1948-52
- Lok Sabha member from 1952-57, 57-62, and 62-67
- Minister for Parliamentary Affairs from 1952-62
- Minister for Parliamentary Affairs and Information & Broadcasting from 1963-64
- Minister for Parliamentary Affairs and Communications from 1964-67
- Thereafter Minister for Health, Family Planning, and Urban Development
- All his engagements used to start only after 11 am.
- First Governor to open gates of Raj Bhavan to the common man.
- It was under his Governorship that president's rule was applied in state for the first time. Shri Noronha, former Chief Secretary of M.P. was his advisor.
- His advisor got fed up because of his deep interest in administrative matters and wrote to the center complaining about it.
- Magnanimous and helping nature
- Raj Bhawan used to be full of life in his tenure.
- Started "Manasgaan" programme on AIR, aired every morning.