Present Governor of Madhya Pradesh
Blossomed : 21 November 1941
|SMT. ANANDIBEN PATEL|
Tenure : 23.01.2018 to continuing
Education : M.Sc., M.Ed. (Gold Medalist)
Husband : Shri MafatBhai Patel
Children : One son and One daughter
- Retired Principal ( Mohinaba High School, Ahmedabad) and
- Member of RajyaSabha, 1994-98
- Member of 10th Gujarat Legislative Assembly from 1998-2002 (Mandal Constituency) and held portfolio as Minister of State for Education(Except Adult Education) (Independent Charge),
Women and Child Welfare (Independent Charge) Gujarat 1998-99, Minister For Education (Primary, Secondary, Adult), Woman and Child Welfare1999-2002
- Member of 11th Gujarat Legislative Assembly, 2002-2007 (Patan Constituency) and held portfolio as Cabinet Minister of Education (Primary, Secondary and Adult),
Higher and Teachinal Education, Woman and Child Welfare, Sports, Youth and Cultural Activities.
- Member of 12th Gujarat Legislative Assembly , 2007-12 (Patan Constituency) Revenue, Disaster Mangement,
Roads and Buildings, Capital Project, Women and Child Welfare form 4th January 2008 to 25th December 2012 Revenue,
Drought Relief, Land Reforms, Rehabilitation Reconstruction, Roads and Buildings, Capital Project ,
Urban Development Urban Housing from 26th December 2012 to 21st May 2014
- Became first lady Chief Minister of Gujrat State since 22nd May 2014 to 7th August 2016
- Governor of Madhya Pradesh State from 23rd January 2018.
- Chairperson, Pradesh Women Front, Bharatiya Janta Party 1988-90 and
1992-96. Vice President, Pradesh Bharatiya Janta Party, 1990-92. Member,
National Executive Committee for eight years National Executive Committee,
Women Wing (BJMM) During her school days she had received 'Virbala' Award in the School Sports Festival of Mehsana District in 1988 She was awarded with the 'Best Teacher's Award' of Gujrat State in 1990.
She was honoured with the 'Best Teachers's Award at National level.
For saving two drowning girls of Mohinata Kanya Vidyalaya from the river Narmada, She was awarded 'Gallantry Award of Gujrat Govt'.She was awarded with 'Chaarumati Yoddha Award' by 'Jyotisangh', Ahmedabad.
The Sardar Patel Award by the Patel 'Jagruti Mandal', Mumbai in the year 1999. The 'Vidyagaurav Puraskar' by Shri Tapodhan Brahman Vikas Mandal in the year 2000 and the 'Patidar Shiromani Award' in 2005 by the Patel Community.
She was also honoured by the Ambubhai Purani Vyayam Vidyalaya, Rajpipala.
- Occasionally writes articles in the magazines such as 'Dharati',
'Sadhna' and 'Sakhi'.
- Reading, Writing Travelling, Public-Relation
- As the Delegate of Govt. of India, Visited Beijing (China) to attend the
4th World Women's Conference. In 1996 She visited Bulgaria with the Indian Parliamentary Delegation and also undertaken education study tour of France, Germany, Holland, England, Netherlands, America, Canada, Maxico etc. in 2002 as a Delegate of Gujarat Branch of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association to the 48th C.P. Conference.
She visited Namibia and also visited South Africa as a part of her Study tour.
In September 2009 she represented Gujarat in the 'Village India' Program held in London.
'Dharam', Near Shaan Bungalows, Shilaj,
- Taluka Daskroi, Dist. Ahmedabad.
- K-3, Sector-19, Gandhinager.