An official document known as an income certificate, which evaluates your family’s overall income, is needed to qualify for government benefits such as subsidies and scholarships. It highlights the applicant’s and his or her family’s total yearly income from all sources. In Kerala, a village or taluk officer issues an income certificate. A certificate of income may be used to access Kerala government subsidies. Income certificates are made available by the Kerala government both locally and online. With the E-district site, the online income certificate application can be submitted. The Kerala E-District project aims to offer consumers government services through nearby Common Service Centers (CSC). Any CSC unifies services from various departments under one roof. A few of the services are also made accessible online. You can learn more about the Income Certificate Kerala purpose, advantages, features, requirements for eligibility, login, download process, etc. by reading this article.
About Income Certificate Kerala 2023
The applicant must submit an Income Certificate Kerala in order to be eligible for the benefits of several government programs. Also, it aids in establishing a distinction between residents in need and those who actually require the government program’s services. Kerala residents may submit an offline or online application for an income certificate. You can apply online via the e-district portal, and if you are unsure how to do so, you can visit your local Akshaya Center, where the centre operator can assist you in submitting an application for an income certificate. The income certificate is granted within seven days after the application date and is good for one year.
Objective of Income Certificate Kerala 2023
The residents’ advantage was the main motivation for creating an online application for income certificates. To prevent Keralites from having to travel to offices, the state is aiming to provide services to everyone at their doorsteps. The offline Income Certificate application process in Kerala is a difficult application process that consumes time and money. This action was necessary to conserve the resources. As all the information will be available on the portal, the online process is not only time-saving but also hassle-free. Just examining the information, applying online, and uploading the required paperwork are all that the individuals will need to do. Even the resulting paperwork will be delivered to them online. Also, the system will improve its effectiveness and transparency. Both the residents and the government will profit from this because it will guarantee that the services are provided.
Also Read: E District Kerala
Key Highlights of Income Certificate Kerala 2023
|Launched By||Government of Kerala|
|Name of Scheme||Income Certificate Kerala 2023|
|Objective||To offer income certificates in online and offline mode|
|Benefits||Kerala residents can use this certificate to access a variety of benefits|
|Eligibility Criteria||Residents of Kerala|
|Mode of Application||Online/Offline|
|Application Fees||28 rupees at Akshaya Centers and 15 rupees online|
Eligibility Criteria for Income Certificate Kerala 2023
When requesting an Income Certificate Kerala, the following eligibility requirements must be as follows:-
- The citizen must be a permanent resident of Kerala.
- The age requirement of at least 18 years
- In order to provide a salary certificate, one must be employed.
Benefits and Features of Income Certificate Kerala 2023
- Every state citizen in Kerala is given an income certificate by the government.
- It is a crucial document that serves as evidence of an individual’s or family’s yearly income.
- Kerala village or taluk offices awarded this certificate.
- Kerala residents can utilise this certificate to get a variety of benefits offered by the state government of Kerala.
- The residents may submit applications for this certificate both online and offline.
- With the Akshaya Center, citizens can submit offline applications.
- With the E District Portal, users can submit online applications.
- Kerala income certificates are valid for one year after the date of issuance.
- Moreover, fees must be paid by citizens in order to obtain an income certificate.
- Seven days after the application date, the certificate will be processed and issued.
- Also, this credential is required to get a spot in an educational institution.
- Furthermore necessary at the time of acceptance to school is an income certificate.
- Moreover, an income certificate is required in India for some pension categories.
- Income documentation is required to qualify for a fee waiver at a school.
- When purchasing a house, a tax break can also be claimed using an income certificate.
Application Costs For Income Certificate
- Through Akshaya Centers: If a candidate applies for a Kerala income certificate through Akshaya Centers, they must pay fees of Rs. 28, Rs. 18, Rs. 7, and Rs. per page for scanning and printing. The cost is merely Rs. 12 for SC/ST families and Rs. 20 for those who fall under the Below Poverty Line category.
- Online Application: There is a minimal cost of Rs. 15 for applicants who submit their applications online.
The income certificate must be issued within seven days of the application date.
The validity of a Kerala income certificate is one year from the date of issuance.
Considerations For Determining Yearly Income
The applicant’s income plus that of their spouse, parents, and other unmarried relatives makes up the family’s total yearly income.
- Rental revenue
- Earnings from labour
- Business income
- Revenue from land
- Earnings of an NRI family member
The following elements are not taken into account while determining annual income:-
- Terminal benefits
- Family allowance
- Festival compensation
- Wage for a surrender leave
- Survivor daughter’s or sister’s income
- Ration card
- Evidence of Identity
- Aadhar Card
- Evidence of income
- Land tax Salary certificate
- Receipt for Basic Tax Payment
- A passport-sized photo
- Mobile phone
- Date of Issuance
- Annual Income
- Name, age and gender of the certificate holder
- Name of the father or mother
- Address and post office with pincode
- Name of the local body
- Village, Taluk and District
- Designation of the issuance officer
- Name of the office
- Purpose of issuing the certificate
Application Process for Income Certificate Kerala 2023
- Go to the nearest Akshaya service centre first.
- Simply submit an online request for an Income Certificate at the Akshaya service centre.
- You must now submit all required paperwork.
- The department will receive your application.
- On the registered mobile number, the applicant will receive an SMS with the application number.
- Also, the applicant will receive SMS updates on the status of their application.
- The department will handle the request for an income certificate.
- The applicant will receive an SMS directing them to attend any Akshaya centre after the authorized government official issues the income certificate by digitally signing it after verification
- The applicant must give the service centre their application number.
- The candidate will provide a printed copy of their income certificate.
Steps for Applying under the E District Portal to Request a Kerala Income Certificate
- Applicants need to visit the E district Portal Kerala, official website first.
- Before you, the home page will load.
- You must click on “new portal user creation” on the home page.
- A registration page will show up.
- You must fill out the following information on this page:
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- House number
- Aadhar number
- Valid email address
- Captcha code
- Password recovery question
- Password recovery answer
- Then, after clicking “register,” you must log in by providing your login information.
- After that, you must press the button for one-time registration.
- You must now complete all required fields and press the duplicate button.
- If the duplication check has completed, you must select the submit option.
- Also, the applicant may amend their registration information by selecting edit registration.
- You must input your E district registration number after the verification process is complete.
- Following that, you must choose the income certificate as the certificate type. Next, choose the objective of the certificate.
- Enter your name and choose yourself from the drop-down option for the relationship.
- You must now select “Save.”
- Now you will take to the section for uploading documents.
- You must now upload all required documents.
- Then you must select “Submit,” and then you must select “Make Payment”
- After that, provide the payment information, and then click “pay.”
- Both the payment and the receipt will produce.
- You must print this receipt out for your records.
Steps to applying Offline for Kerala Income Certificate
- Despite the simplicity of using online applications, some residents find the offline mode to be a more practical option. You must get in touch with the relevant government in your area if you also want to apply for the income certificate offline.
- You have to visit a village or Taluk officer of your area to apply offline.
It serves as evidence of income and is necessary to receive certain government subsidies and relaxations. If the parents present an income certificate, qualifying pupils may receive a fee reduction based on this. The certificate offers citizens legal evidence of their income. An application is processed in about 7 days. The certificate is good for a full year after it is issued. Both online and offline methods are available for applying for the certificate. For applications to numerous educational institutions, it is necessary.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0471 2525444
- Vrindavan Gardens,
- Saankethika, near EPF Office,
- Pattom P.O, Thiruvananthapuram,
- Kerala 695004
The cost to apply for income certificates varies depending on the method.
Through Akshaya Centers: If a candidate applies for a Kerala income certificate through Akshaya Centers, they must pay fees of Rs. 28, Rs. 18, Rs. 7, and Rs. per page for scanning and printing. The cost is merely Rs. 12 for SC/ST families and Rs. 20 for those who fall under the Below Poverty Line category.
Online Application: There is a minimal cost of Rs. 15 for applicants who submit their applications online.
Absolutely, the Kerala government has its own e-district portals where people can submit an online application for an income certificate.
Anyone who is a permanent citizen of Kerala may submit an application for an income certificate.