Building a robust and inclusive ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship in India is the primary objective of Startup India. According to an official press release, the MAARG Portal For Startup “is a one-stop platform to allow mentorship for entrepreneurs across varied sectors, functions, stages, geographies, and backgrounds.” A request for applications has been made by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), which is a division of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, for startups to register on the maarg.startupindia.gov.in, the National Mentorship Platform by Startup India. The portal’s primary features include adaptable mentorship programs for ecosystem enablers, a user interface that is mobile-friendly, acknowledgment for mentors who contribute, choices for video and voice calls, etc.
About MAARG Portal For Startup 2023
To strengthen India’s startup ecosystem, which is already the third largest in the world, Startup India is dedicated to igniting the startup culture and building a strong and inclusive ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship in India. As a single-window platform, the Mentorship, Advisory, Assistance, Resilience and Growth (MAARG) portal will enable mentorship for companies of all kinds. The department had outlined plans for a comparable digital platform for startups and investors to collaborate on agreements more quickly in July of this year.
It wasn’t immediately obvious if this was the same project. The project, which was developed by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, would be carried out by Startup India. The new project is one of many that the national government has undertaken to encourage businesses throughout the nation. The government has taken other measures to further fuel the arena, even if it estimates the ecosystem’s total value at about INR 3 Lakh Cr.
Also Read: Startup India Scheme
Objective of MAARG Portal For Startup 2023
The following are the main goals of the MAARG Portal:
- To provide guidance, inspiration, and assistance to businesses at all stages of growth
- To facilitate effective mentoring for startups and provide a framework that is result-focused and enables quick tracking of the mentor-mentee encounters.
- To build an official, structured platform that scales informed matches between mentors and entrepreneurs across all industries.
Key Highlights of MAARG Portal For Startup 2023
|Launched By||Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)|
|Name of Scheme||MAARG Portal For Startup 2023|
|Objective||Improving the Indian startup ecosystem|
|Benefits||Mentoring for New Businesses|
|Eligibility Criteria||Resident of India|
Benefits of MAARG Portal For Startup 2023
The following are some of the main advantages of the MAARG Portal:
- With this single platform, the startup may access a Mentorship, Advisory, Assistance, Resilience, and Growth gateway.
- Through the portal, numerous mentors can get a lot of requests for mentoring at once.
Features of MAARG Portal For Startup 2023
The following are some of the main features of the MAARG Portal:
- AI system to connect entrepreneurs with appropriate mentors
- Enable communication and video calls on platforms.
- Observe interactions between mentors and startups to maximise impact.
- Allow ecosystem elements to run specific applications
- simple user interface for mobile devices
- Accepting mentor contributions and the benefits of doing so
Benefits of Mentoring for New Businesses
The following are some of the main advantages of MAARG mentoring:
- By making use of the MAARG mentorship programme, the startup may keep and grow its foundational business relationships.
- Benefit from the mentor’s wide networks and knowledge.
- Recognize the company’s shortcomings and challenges, then explore for potential solutions.
- access to specialised assistance for business growth and setup.
- Enroll in specific cohort programmes or master classes if you have specialised needs.
Eligibility Criteria for Mentorship
- Entrepreneurs with DPIIT recognition are allowed to apply for mentorship on the platform throughout the year, regardless of their industry or stage in the business lifecycle.
Eligibility Criteria for Startup
- Anytime during the year, DPIIT-recognized entrepreneurs from all sectors and stages of the startup lifecycle are eligible to apply for mentorship on the site.
Startup Reorganization of DPIIT
Qualifying enterprises can apply to the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) to be recognized as startups in order to receive a number of benefits from the Indian government.
Mode of a mentoring programme
The platform supports both mentorship contact types, and the parties are free to choose which format they want. The gateway makes it possible to track and schedule virtual meetings automatically. Physical meetings can be planned through the portal, and information can then be manually entered.
On the platform, there are no fees associated with the mentorship possibilities.
Cohort-based Startup Program
The startup can sign up for a cohort programme that meets its specific needs. A cohort-based programme (CBP) will be offered on the mentoring website in collaboration with partners from the startup ecosystem. On the platform, partners such as industry groups, accelerators, universities, incubators, and various startup networks will be able to plan cohort-based, brief mentorship programmes (for unicorns, successful businesses, professionals, etc.). The programme may issue a call for applications from relevant, DPIIT-recognized startups, and a cohort of startups may be selected.
Procedure to find a Mentor
- Applicant first needs to visit the official website for registration.
- After registration and profile publication, the MAARG Portal will employ artificial intelligence to match
- mentors with entrepreneurs based on industry, stage, and functional competency.
- The mentorship may then start as soon as the connection request is accepted. Following that, the party may send a connection request to a chosen mentor or startup.
- More than one mentor may be assigned to a startup, and vice versa.
- Through the portal, numerous mentors can get a lot of requests for mentoring at once. If any mentor does not reply to the request within 15 working days, a new set of mentors will be suggested, and the request will be withdrawn.
For any query contact through the given number or email to the given email id to get additional information.
- Toll Free Number: 1800115565
- Email: [email protected]