Poverty is increasing at a very fast pace. In order to combat poverty employment should be created uniformly. So the Government of India launches various kinds of schemes in order to generate employment. Today we are going to tell you about a scheme launched by the government of India which is called Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana 2023 By reading this article we are going to tell you all the important information regarding this scheme like what is Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana? its objective, benefits, features, eligibility criteria, required documents, application procedure, etc. So if you are interested to grab every single detail regarding the Yojana then you are requested to read this article very carefully till the end.
About Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana 2023
The Government of India has launched Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana in the year 2011. Through this scheme citizens belonging to urban and poor households will be provided livelihood opportunities through skill development so that the objective of social-economic betterment can be achieved. Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana will be implemented by the ministry of rural development for rural areas and the ministry of housing and urban poverty alleviation for urban areas. The government has allocated a budget of Rs 500 Crore for the implementation of this scheme. This scheme is also financed by the World Bank.
- The government also aims to create an effective institutional platform for the rural and urban poor so that they can increase their household income by getting employment.
- The Government has allocated a target to cover 7 crore beneficiaries under this scheme across 600 districts, 6000 blocks, 2.5 lakh gram Panchayat, and 6 lakh villages with the help of self-help groups and federated institutions.
Employment Opportunities For SHGs Members
As we all know that the government has created this scheme in order to make the citizens of India independent and self-reliant. The government has converted the scheme as a part of the Azadi ka Mahotsav celebration in order to make the people of India financially empowered and help the members of self-help groups. With the help of the Deen Dayal Antoydaya Yojana people belonging to self-help groups will live a dignified life. This scheme also helps in reducing the poverty rate in India.
Objective of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
The main objective of the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana is to provide employment by enhancing the skills of the urban and rural poor of India. By the implementation of this scheme poverty and vulnerability among poor households will be reduced as they will get self-employment by skill development. Through Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana, their standard of living will also be improved. Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana will also prove to be a boon in developing the country’s economy. Through this scheme, Street vendors will also be provided with many kinds of facilities like suitable space, institutional credit, social security, skill development, etc. So that they can access emerging market opportunities.
Key Highlights of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
|Name Of The Scheme||Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana|
|Launched By||Government Of India|
|Beneficiary||Citizens Of India|
|Objective||To Provide Employment By Enhancing Skills of urban and local poors|
National Rural Livelihood Project
Deendayal antyodaya Yojana will be implemented in all the states and union territories except Delhi and Chandigarh. Under this scheme all the systematic reforms are alike and it will be difficult to implement this scheme in all 28 states and 7 union territories. For properly implementing this scheme a proof of concept is to be established by the State so the National rural livelihood project will be designed as a subset of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana. This project will be implemented in 13 high-poverty states which have nearly 90% of the rural poor. In these states, intensive livelihood investment will be made in order to develop the urban and rural poor. These 13 states are Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal Karnataka, and Tamilnadu. NRLP comprises the following components:-
- Project management and monitoring and learning system
- Innovation and partnership in order to identify the partner’s innovative ideas so that the livelihood needs of the urban and rural poor will be addressed
- State livelihood support in order to establish an institutional platform so that the rural poor can accept financial, livelihood, and public services
- Institutional and human capacity development at the national, state, district, and sub-district level
Other than that, the planning commission has also allocated an amount of Rs 29000 crore for the National rural livelihood mission in the twelve plan period. In order to arrange the fund for this project, the Government of India has also signed an agreement with the World Bank in July 2011. This agreement was to credit rRs 4500 crores for 5 years
Also Read: Startup India Scheme
Support Structure Of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
Under Deen Dayal antyodaya Yojana a sensitive support unit of national, state, district, and sub-district levels has been set up. So that all the facilities like skill development, financial services, etc will be provided to the urban and rural poor. These support units will have officials who will work towards implementing this scheme. The following departments will implement their Deendayal antyodaya Yojana at National, state, district, and block levels.
At the National level, the Ministry of Rural Development will implement this scheme in rural areas and the ministry of housing and urban poverty alleviation will implement this scheme in urban areas. These departments will provide technical and professional support to the states and guide them in the implementation and monitoring of this scheme. For this purpose, an empowered committee is also been set up by the government that will constitute annual action plans and release funds for this scheme
State government is going to constitute a state rural livelihood mission in order to implement Deendayal antyodaya Yojana. This autonomous body will work under the state government. It would be incorporated as a society, trust, or company. A State mission director will also be appointed who will head the State rural livelihood mission.
At the district level, this scheme will be implemented by the district mission management unit of the state rural livelihood mission. This unit will have functional specialists in areas of financial services, livelihoods, capacity building, etc. Other than that a support staff will also be present at the district level. Both the specialist and staff will be hired in a phased manner as and when required
In order to implement this scheme at the block level up block mission management unit which will be led by the block mission manager will be set up which will comprise of 3 to 5 Superhead teams. Other than that a project facilitation team at clusters can also be set up at the block level
Main Highlights of Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana
- Through this scheme financial literacy is promoted among the beneficiaries and financial support is also provided in the form of capital through self-help groups and their federation. Other than that though Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana coordination of the financial sector is also present which encourages the use of information and communication technology-based financial technologies, business correspondents, and community facilitators. This scheme also covers the beneficiaries against the risk of loss of life, health, and asset
Community funds as resources in perpetuity:
- In order to strengthen the institutional and financial management capacity of the beneficiaries, Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana provides revolving funds and community investment funds in the form of resources to the institutions. The institution also built a track record of the beneficiary so that they can get bank Finance.
Participatory identification of poor
- In order to provide benefits of the Deendayal antyodaya Yojana to each and every beneficiary, participatory identification of the poor is implemented. Through the PIP process, all the identified households will be the target group and will be eligible to get the benefit of this scheme
Universal social mobilization
- From the identified rural poor household at least one woman will be brought under a self-help group in the stipulated time. Priority will be given to vulnerable communities like manual scavengers, a victim of human trafficking, tribal groups, a person with a disability, etc
Sensitive support structure
- Under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana sensitive and dedicated support structure has been set up at the National, state, district, and sub-district levels. This support structure will be responsible for properly implementing this scheme. The support structure will have a linkage with the government, District rural development agencies, and PRIs. Professionally competent and dedicated human resources will be staffed in the support structure
- Through Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana urban poor households will be provided livelihood opportunities through its three pillars which are vulnerability reduction, livelihood enhancement, and employment. Under this scheme, existing livelihood will be expanded and enhanced and new opportunities will be provided in farm and nonfarm sectors. Other than that employment is also provided by enhancing the skills of the beneficiaries and making them ready for the market. The beneficiaries can also take self-employment.
Implementation of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
- Deendayal Antyodaya yojana will be implemented through block level in each district by taking measures to strengthen the livelihoods of poor
- This scheme will be implemented for 10 years targeting beneficiaries of poor households.
- Those blocks and districts in which all components of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana will be implemented will be called intensive blocks and the remaining blocks and districts will be called nonintensive blocks.
- After 10 years the community federation will take the responsibility for implementing this scheme.
- In a block generally, there are 13504 households that are spread over 100 to 120 villages which will be divided into 4 clusters of 30 villages each.
- For the first 3 years, the government is going to build an organization for the poor by mobilizing them into self-help groups, federations, etc.
- For the next 4 to 5 years funds will be provided to these organizations for implementing Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana.
- The middle 3 to 6 years will be invested in increasing the activities and addition of various other layers like interventions for persons with disability, nutrition, health, etc.
- The last 4 years will be the maintenance and withdrawal phase after which the community institution will work for the development of the rural poor on their own
Benefits And Features Of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
- The Government of India has launched Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana in the year 2011
- Under the scheme citizens belonging to urban and rural poor households will be provided with livelihood opportunities through skill development
- Through this scheme, socioeconomic betterment can be achieved
- Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana will be implemented by the Ministry of Rural development for rural areas and the ministry of housing and urban poverty alleviation for urban areas
- The Government of India has allocated a budget office of 500 Crore for the implementation of this scheme
- The finance for this scheme is also provided by the World Bank
- 7 crore beneficiaries will be covered through this scheme across 600 districts
- By the implementation of the Deendayal Antyodaya yojana poverty and vulnerability among the poor household will be reduced
- Through this scheme, the standard of living will also be improved
- This scheme will also help in developing the country’s economy
Monitoring of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
An online web-based management information system has been developed by the ministry in order to monitor the implementation of the Deendayal antyodaya Yojana. This management information system was launched on 20 January 2015. This system enables stakeholders like certification agencies, banks, training partners, etc to get all the information they require directly. This information can also be accessed by urban local bodies, states, and ministries in order to monitor and track the progress of this scheme. Other than that, review meetings and video conferences are also held with the states and union territories in order to monitor the implementation of the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana.
Eligibility Criteria of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
- The beneficiary must be a permanent resident of India
- The beneficiary must belong to urban or rural poor household
- Applicant must have a BPL Ration card
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Bank account details
- Residence certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
Procedure To Apply Under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
- First of all, you have to go to the concerned department
- Now you have to ask for the application form
- After that, you have to fill out this application form by entering all the required details like your name, mobile number, email id, etc
- You want to attach all the required documents
- Now you have to submit this application form to the concerned department
- By following this procedure you can apply under Deen Dayal antyodaya Yojana
- Go to the official website of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
- The home page will open before you
- On the homepage, you are required to click on the login
- After that, you have to click on the register
- A new page will open before you
- On this new page, you have to enter the following information:-
- Email address
- Check number
- Captcha Code
- After that, you have to click on create new account
- By following this procedure you can apply under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
Procedure To Do User Login
- Visit the official website of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
- The home page will open before you
- Now you are required to click on the login
- After that, a new page will appear before you
- On this new page, you have to enter the username, password, and captcha code
- After that, you have to click on the login
- By following this procedure you can do a user login
Procedure To Give Feedback
- First of all, go to the official website of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
- The home page will open before you
- On the homepage, you are required to click on the feedback
- Now feedback form will open before you
- In this feedback form you have to enter the following information:-
- Security code
- After that you have to click on submit
- By following this procedure you can give feedback
- Address- Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana- National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM), Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India 7th floor, NDCC building-ll, Jay Singh road New Delhi- 110001
- Phone Number- 011-23461708