To spread menstrual hygiene programs all over the state the Government of Tamil Nadu has launched Tamil Nadu Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme 2023. Under this scheme, free sanitary napkins will be provided to the women in urban areas. In this article today we will share with you all the important information related to the Tamil Nadu Menstrual Hygiene Scheme such as the objective of the scheme, the benefit, and features of the scheme, and the procedures to apply under the free sanitary napkin scheme. You all are requested to read the whole article carefully.
About Tamil Nadu Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme
Under Tamil Nadu Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme, the free-of-cost sanitary napkin will be provided to government school girls and women inpatients at Government Medical Institution under the menstrual hygiene program. This is quite a great step that has been taken by the government of Tamil Nadu to provide hygienic life in the urban areas. This scheme not only provides a free sanitary napkin but also saves the life of girls by providing sanitary pads during their menstrual cycle. This scheme has been implemented in Tamil Nadu for about 9 years and the government has decided to extend it more to the urban areas at the cost of Rs. 44 crore
Objective Of TN Menstrual Hygiene Scheme
As we all know the women belonging to the underprivileged groups have been facing challenges to provide for the basic necessities and this results in the women belonging to the urban areas falling into sickness. By keeping this in mind the Government of Tamil Nadu has launched Tamil Nadu Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme under the menstrual hygiene program. Under the scheme, the free cost sanitary napkin will be provided to the government school girls and urban Health nurses. So that these parts will help them to stay hygienic and avoid the sickness which occurs due to the unavailability of sanitary napkins.
Details Of This Scheme
|Name of the scheme||Tamil Nadu Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme|
|Launched by||The Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Beneficiary||The Government School Girls & the Urban Health Nurses|
|Objective||To provide hygiene life|
|Benefit||Free of cost napkins will be given to the girls belongs to urban areas|
|Budget||Rs. 44 crore|
|Mode of Application||Not yet declared|
Beneficiary Under Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme
The main focus has been given to the two types of women under the TN Menstrual Hygiene Scheme to provide them a healthy and hygienic life. Such categories are given below
|Category||Age Group||Total Cost|
|Girls of Government School||10-19||Rs. 34.74|
|Women Inpatients at Government Medical Institution||15-49||Rs. 9.4 crore|
Free Sanitary Napkin Delivery In Tamil Nadu
The delivery process of free sanitary napkins under the scheme in Tamil Nadu is given below
- The pads are going to be directly delivered to the government school under a Menstrual Hygiene Scheme.
- The Acknowledge will be given to urban Health nurses.
- These nurses will visit the ICDS every Saturday with Anganwadi workers
- The health kits will be delivered to the girls who are not a part of Government schools by urban Health nurses and Anganwadi workers.
- The kits will also be distributed to postnatal mothers during the home visit by urban Health nurses
- The sanitary napkins will be distributed among 1000 health centers in the metro cities and several schools in Tamil Nadu
Dignity Kits Under TN Menstrual Hygiene Scheme
The dignity kits will be provided to the women and girls of reproductive age in particular communities under the Menstrual Hygiene Scheme Scheme in Tamil Nadu. This scheme is already under implementation in the rural areas and is now extended to the urban areas also. The main aim of providing dignity kits is to give generic hygienic to the people in the urban areas so as to save them from sickness and various medicines.
Benefits & Features Of Tamil Nadu Menstrual Hygiene Scheme
- The scheme has been launched by the government of Tamil Nadu to provide free sanitary napkins to the girls of the government schools.
- This scheme has been launched under the menstrual hygiene program.
- The free cost sanitary napkin will be provided to the girls to save them from unhygienic things.
- This state government has sanctioned Rs. 44.15 crore over Tamil Nadu Free Sanitary Napkins Scheme.
- The scheme has been launched to give good health and to do the prevention of medicine.
- Along with the girls in the government college, women inpatients at Government Medical institutions will also get free of cost sanitary pads under the menstrual hygiene program.
- The free sanitary napkin scheme was implemented in the rural areas in Tamil Nadu about nine years ago.
- The sanitary napkin will be provided for the girls in the age group of 10 to 19 in urban areas.
- Along with that the napkins also provided for impatient in the age group of 15 To 49
- An applicant must be a resident of Tamil Nadu State.
- An applicant must be a girl.
- Agar must be from the age group of 10 to 19.
- A woman must be from the age group of 15 to 49
- Aadhar card
- Address proof
- Date of birth certificate
- Admission certificate
- Government medical institution certificate
Process To Apply For Tamil Nadu Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme
All the interested applicants who want to apply under the TN Menstrual Hygiene Scheme will have to wait for some time as the Government of Tamil Nadu has just launched the scheme and the application procedures have not yet been declared by the government. As soon as the application procedures will be provided we will update you on the procedures to apply under the Tamil Nadu Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme. Until then if you have any questions or queries related to this scheme you can ask us in the comment box given below.
National Portal Of India- india.gov.in