AP Stamps and Registration 2023 Deed Details are essential when you are buying land or any other immovable property in the Andhra Pradesh state. The people who are buying properties in the Andhra Pradesh state will be paying the stamp fees and they will have to apply for the different documents that are needed. Andhra Pradesh Government provides you with an online platform that will help you to apply for the different types of documents that are needed if you are buying some property in the Andhra Pradesh state. People are also liable to fill a legal requirement under the Indian registration act that is presented by the Indian government. The people are liable to pay stamp fees and other fees that are presented by the organization. If you have bought any property then it is required that you registered that property in the registrar’s office within the first 6 months.
Objective of AP Stamps and Registration
Here are the objectives of AP Stamps and Registration 2023 in pointers:
- To maintain an efficient and effective system for registering transactions related to properties, ensuring transparency and accuracy.
- To facilitate easy access to property registration services for citizens through online portals and e-services.
- To improve revenue collection through timely and accurate registration of properties and transactions.
- To reduce the turnaround time for property registration and provide speedy delivery of services to citizens.
- To promote the digitization of property records and transactions for better record-keeping and transparency.
- To ensure the safety and security of property records and prevent fraud and malpractice in property transactions.
- To streamline the process of property valuation and market value assessment, ensuring fairness and consistency.
- To promote awareness among citizens about property registration rules and regulations and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- To provide efficient and transparent grievance redressal mechanisms for citizens who face issues related to property registration services.
Also Check: IGRS AP Portal
Applicable Chargers AP Registration
The candidates can check out the major information about the registration charges from the table given below:
|Description of instrument/document||Registration fee|
|Sale deed||1 %|
|Gift||0.5% (minimum Rs 1,000 and maximum Rs 10,000)|
|Agreement of sale-cum-general power of attorney||Rs 2,000|
|Development agreement-cum-general power of attorney||0.5% (capped at Rs 20,000)|
|Power of attorney to sell/construct / develop/transfer immovable property||0.5% (minimum Rs 1,000, capped at Rs 20,000)|
Stamp Duty Charges
The candidates can check out the major information about the stamp duty charges from the table given below:
|Type of transaction||Stamp duty charges|
|Agreement of sale cum G.P.A||5%|
|Adoption Deed||Rs 35|
|Divorce deed||Rs 5|
|Exchange deed||4% on consideration or M.V. of the property of greater value, whichever is higher|
|Lease agreements of less than 10 years||2% on A.A.R|
|Lease agreements of more than 10 years but less than 20 years||6% on A.A.R|
|Indemnity Bond||3% subject to a maximum of Rs. 100/-|
|Special power of Attorney||Rs 20|
Types Of Conveyance Deeds
The people can check out the major information about the types of convenience deeds available at the official website from the table given below:
|Purpose||Type of Conveyance Deed|
|Inheritance||Entries in revenue records and predecessor’s title|
|Partition||Deed of Partition|
|Mulegeni||Deed of Mulgeni or permanent lease|
The following documents are required in order to successfully apply for the stamp duty and other information:
- Passport-size photo of both the parties – the buyer and seller.
- Photo identification (Voter identity card, passport, Aadhaar card).
- Certified copy of the original old sale deed.
- Copy of the latest property register card (From the City Survey Department).
- Copy of municipal tax bill.
Also Check: YSR Housing Scheme
How to Search Details of Stamps
As a property buyer, it’s important to check the authenticity of the seller’s documents by verifying the previous deed details of the property. Here’s how you can search for IGRS AP deed details for AP land registration:
- Step 1: Go to the AP Stamps and Registration website and click on ‘Document Details’ under the services section.
- Step 2: You will be directed to the Registration Details page. Here, you can search for AP land registration deed details using the following options:
- To search by document number, select ‘Document Number’ from the drop-down box and enter the following details: district, sub-registrar office, document number, and registration year. Click ‘Submit’ to view the AP deed details.
- To search by layout plots, select ‘Layout Plots’ from the drop-down box and enter the following details: district, Mandal, village, survey number, plot number, and survey no. list. Click ‘Submit’ to fetch the deed details AP.
- To search by apartments, select ‘Apartments’ from the drop-down box and enter the following details: district, Mandal, village, flat number, and apartment name or house number (including ward, block, and door number). Click ‘Submit’ to get the IGRS AP deed details.
- By following these simple steps, you can easily search and verify the AP land registration details online.
How to check duty and fee details?
To view the duty and fee details for property transactions in Andhra Pradesh, follow these steps on the IGRS AP website:
- Step 1: Go to the AP Stamps and Registration website and click on the “Duty and Fee Details” box on the homepage.
- Step 2: Choose the type of transaction from the list of options, such as Conveyance, Gift, Sale of immovable property, etc.
- Step 3: Once you select the transaction type, you will see the applicable stamp fee, registration fee, and user charges displayed on the page.
- Step 4: For example, if you choose “Gift” as the transaction type, the stamp fee will be 2% on the market value of the property, the registration fee will be 0.5%, and the user charges will be Rs 100 if the value of the property is less than or equal to Rs 50,000, and Rs 200 if the value is above Rs 50,000.
Calculation of stamp duty
Assuming Ram is purchasing a flat in Andhra Pradesh, the applicable charges for stamp duty, registration fee, and transfer duty fee need to be considered. Here’s a breakdown of the charges and the total cost of the property:
- The stamp duty for the property is 5% of the property value, which is Rs 70 lakh. So, Ram needs to pay stamp duty of 5% x Rs 70 lakh = Rs 3.5 lakh.
- The registration fee for AP deed details is 1% of the property value. Therefore, the registration charge for Ram will be 1% x Rs 70 lakh = Rs 70,000.
- Additionally, a transfer duty fee of 1.5% is applicable. Thus, the transfer duty fee for Ram’s property will be 1.5% x Rs 70 lakh = Rs 1,05,000.
- Therefore, the total AP stamps and registration cost that Ram has to pay will be Rs 3.5 lakh + Rs 70,000 + Rs 1,05,000 = Rs 5.25 lakh.
- Consequently, the total cost of the property purchased by Ram will be Rs 70 lakh + Rs 5.25 lakh = Rs 75.25 lakh.
Pay Stamp Duty Online
If you want to pay your stamp duty then you will have to follow the simple procedure given below and you must also take to account the details related to the stamp duty given below:
- Stamp duty charges in AP can be paid through stamp paper, franking machine, or e-stamping.
- Payment for stamp duty charges through stamp paper can be made using cash, demand draft, debit card, or credit card.
- Charges for stamp duty through a franking machine must be paid at a franking outlet.
- To check the list of stamp vendors and franking machine vendors, visit the IGRS AP website on registration.ap.gov.in and click on the “stamp vendors list” or “eStamp – Franking machine vendors list” under the “Find” section.
- To claim a stamp duty refund, the maximum limit is six months if paid using challan.
- The party seeking a refund should apply to the concerned authorities under section 2(9) of I.S Act through the Sub Registrar.
- The original challan issued by the bank and reasons for seeking a refund should be provided.
- The Sub Registrar will verify the genuineness of the challan and issue a certificate accordingly.
- The amount will be refunded after deducting 10% of the total stamp duty.
Online Property Registration Process
To complete the Stamps and Registration process in Andhra Pradesh under the IGRS AP, you need to obtain all the necessary documents and deed details. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Check the market value of the property in AP in 2021, stamp duty, registration charges, and user charges applicable to the property. You can calculate all these charges using the Stamp Duty and Fee Calculator available on the Stamps and Registration AP department’s website.
- Check the Ready Reckoner and compare it with the AP registration market value. The higher of the two will be the value on which stamp duty will be paid.
- Purchase stamps with non-judicial value to proceed with the registration process.
- Download all the required AP land registration documents online and collect all the deed details.
- Visit the sub-registrar’s office with all the stakeholders for property registration in AP.
- The SRO will make a slot booking slip based on the information given in the Public Data Entry System.
- Complete the E-KYC process and provide the SRO with your fingerprints, which will be checked against the Aadhaar database.
- Pay the stamp duty, registration charges, and transfer charges. If there are any discrepancies in the verification process, the buyer/seller must make the necessary changes before continuing the registration process.
- The SRO will register the documents by taking thumb impressions and signatures.
- Finally, the registered document will be scanned and loaded on the IGRS AP server, which can be accessed by the buyer as part of the digital AP registration process.
AP Registration Market Value
To find the AP registration market value or AP stamps and registration market value online, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Visit the Registration and Stamps Department of Andhra Pradesh portal.
- Step 2: Click on the “Market Value” option on the left menu.
- Step 3: Select the type of property, district, Mandal, and village from the drop-down menu on the AP stamps and registration website.
- Step 4: The market value results will be displayed on the screen.
AP Stamps and Registration EC
To perform an Encumbrance Search (EC) for AP stamps and registration, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Visit the AP stamps and registration portal.
- Step 2: Click on the “Encumbrance Search (EC)” option from the right menu.
- Step 3: Read the disclaimer and click “Submit” to proceed with AP stamps and registration EC.
- Step 4: On the new page, you can search for the AP stamps and registration EC using the following parameters:
- Document number or year of document registration.
- House number or apartment name situated in a city/town/village.
- Survey number in a revenue village, optionally described by a plot number.
- It is mandatory to select the district and sub registrar’s office under all options for AP stamps and registration EC.
- Email Id: it[at]igrs[dot]ap[dot]gov[dot]in
- Mobile Number: +91 9121106359
AP Stamps and Registration 2023 FAQs
Stamp duty is a tax that is levied by the state government on various transactions, including property registration. It is a legal requirement for the transfer of property ownership from the seller to the buyer, and the amount is determined based on the market value of the property.
Apart from stamp duty, property registration in Andhra Pradesh also involves registration charges and user charges. Registration charges are levied by the government for registering the property, while user charges are levied for accessing various online services related to property registration.
You can use the online stamp duty and fee calculator provided by the Stamps and Registration Department of Andhra Pradesh to calculate the stamp duty and other charges for property registration. This calculator takes into account the market value of the property, the type of property, and other relevant factors.
The documents required for property registration in Andhra Pradesh include proof of ownership, identity proof, and proof of payment of stamp duty and other charges. You may also need to provide other documents such as a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the local authorities, depending on the type of property.
You can register your property online in Andhra Pradesh by visiting the website of the Stamps and Registration Department of Andhra Pradesh and following the registration process. This includes slot booking, e-KYC, payment of stamp duty and other charges, document verification, and digital registration of the documents.