Digital Voter ID Card Download | Download e-EPIC Card | Digital Voter ID Card Search By Name | Electors Photo Identity Card Download |
To provide faster delivery and easy accessibility to the document, Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad launched a Digital Voter ID Card on Monday 25 January 2021 to mark the anniversary of the election commission of India. Now people of India will easily be able to download e-EPIC on mobile phones or personal computers while they forget to carry their physical IDs. In this article today we will share with you all the important information related to Digital Voter ID Card 2021 such as the objective, benefits, and features, and all the other relevant details related to digital cards. Also, we will share with you all the procedures to download Digital Voter Cards by name.
Digital Voter ID Card (e-EPIC)
e-EPIC or Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card has been launched by the law minister to make Id card available online. The digital format of voter ID cards will be non-editable and it can also be saved in a digital locker. People can easily be able to print it in PDF format also announced by the election commission officials. It can easily be accessed through the voter helpline app and website search s voter portal and NVSP As the physical I’d cards took time to print and reach the voter, so the Digital Voter ID Card has been launched in order to provide faster access to the document in the world of digitalization. The e- EPIC initiative has been launched into phases out of which the first phase will start from 25 to 31 January and the second one will start from 1 February which we have discussed below.
Objective Of Digital Voter ID Card
As we all know before the launching of digital voter ID cards, people of India need to carry physical I’d which took time to print and this creates a lot of difficulties for the voters. Keeping this in mind the law minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched the e-EPIC Digital Voter ID Card. With the help of this e-EPIC, the people of India will get a secure portable document format that can easily be accessed at the time of need. This will create easy Availability and can be printed in pdf format also. People will not have to waste their time or money on physical IDs. It will be saved in a digital locker in devices to avoid the loss of ids.
Details Of Digital Voter ID Card
|Name of the Article||(e- EPIC) Digital Voter ID Card|
|Launched by||Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad|
|Launched on||25th January 2021|
|Objective||To provide easy and faster accessibility|
|Benefit||It can be saved in the digital locker and can be printed in pdf format|
|Is Available through||Websites and Voter Helpline App|
|Beneficiaries||Voters of India|
First Phase Of e-EPIC Initiative
As I told you the Epic initiative has been launched in two phases. The first phase of e-EPIC will start from January 25 and will carry on till 31st January. Under the first phase, all those voters who have applied for voter ID cards with their registered mobile number from form 6 will be able to download it by simply authentication done through their mobile number. But the mobile number should be Unique and should not be previously registered in ECI electoral roll.
Second Phase Of Digital Voter ID Card Initiative
After the First Phase, the II phase will start from the 1st February. It will be available for the general voters who have given their Aadhar linked mobile number. They can easily download their Digital Voter ID Card through the voter helpline app on the website which will be discussed below later. All the old voter can easily download their Epic from the first February and can easily be reached to their documents
National Function In New Delhi By ECI
As we all know the electronic version of the voter card has been launched to mark the anniversary of the election commission of India. The national function for the launching of EPIC was held at Ashok Hotel New Delhi the President of India Ram Nath Kovind is the chief guest at the national function. The theme which was decided by the election commission of India is making our waters empower it vigilantly, safe, and informed envisages active and participating voters during the election. It will create a safe environment for election during the covid-19 pandemic
Benefits & Features Of e-EPIC
- The law minister Ravi Shankar Prasad launched (e-EPIC) Digital Voter ID Card on 25 January 2021.
- The main benefit of launching this card is easy accessibility and faster delivery.
- It can be downloaded on a mobile phone or personal computer also.
- it will be a non-editable digital version of the elector photo identity card.
- It can be saved in digital format such as in a digital locker and can also be printed in a PDF format.
- Along with that fresh physical IDS will also be issued.
- The EPIC initiative has been launched in two Phases
- The first phase will start from 25 January till 31 under which all the water who have applied for voter ID card can download Epic by simple authentication through their mobile number.
- The second phase will start from 1st February which is open for general voters who have given their linked mobile number and easily download through e-EPIC
- This initiative has been taken for the first five assembly elections which are going to be held in West Bengal, Assam, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Puducherry.
- This version of the Digital Voter Card has been launched to mark the anniversary of the election commission of India
- the event to launch the digital voter card was held at the Ashok Hotel New Delhi and the chief guest was the president of India Ram Nath Kovind.
- The theme was to make our voters empowered, vigilant, safe and informed envisages active and participating voters during elections.
- The other main target to launch the digital voter ID card was to conduct elections during the pandemic of covid-19.
Procedure To Download (e-EPIC) Digital Voter ID Card
All the interested applicants who want to download their Digital voter ID card have to follow the procedure given below
- First, visit the Official Website
- The home page will appear in front of you.
- On the homepage click on the Login option
- The login form will appear in front of you
- Fill in all the login credentials
- A new web page will appear in front of you.
- Now, look under the section of the menu bar
- Here, click on Download e- EPIC
- Enter the EPIC Number or Form Reference Number
- Verify the OTP which will be sent on your registered mobile number
- Click on Download e EPIC
- The digital voter ID card will be downloaded to your device.
Download e-EPIC Through Voter Helpline App
- First visit the Voter Helpline App
- The home page will appear in front of you.
- Now do Login using your login credentials.
- Look under the section of menu bar
- Click on Download e- EPIC
- Enter your Epic number or form reference number
- Click on Verify OTP
- Now select the option of Download e- EPIC