When most of us invest, we basically hope to accomplish three financial objectives: build wealth, have a steady income from a pension when we retire, and safeguard the future of our families. While we purchase several financial goods to help us attain each of these objectives, there is one item that supports the accomplishment of all three objectives. Because of the fact that it is paid for by our salaries, the majority of us not only are aware of it but also invest in it. Employee Provident Fund, or EPF, is the product. The mandatory provident fund, a fundamental pension plan, and a disability/death insurance program are all managed by the EPFO. To provide social security for their families and nominees, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) introduced the File Your EPFO e-Nomination Online 2023 process for holders of Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) accounts.
File Your EPFO e-Nomination Online 2023
Everyone makes some investments in their families to offer them a better life during their presence or after death. The investment occurs in the form of EPFO, in which you have to make a nominee from your family who can get the investment money after the death of the main person. The nominee may be a spouse, biological child or adopted child. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) introduced the e-nomination option for its members earlier this year in an effort to make updating nominee information simpler. It enables the nominee(s) to withdraw the accrued amount from EPF, Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS), and Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme. Although there is no deadline for submitting an e-nomination, EPFO is advising all account holders to do so as soon as possible to provide easy access to social security in a comfortable manner without physically visiting their offices.
Also Check: PF Withdrawal Rules
Key Highlights of File Your EPFO e-Nomination Online
|Launched By||Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO)|
|Name of Service||File Your EPFO e-Nomination Online 2023|
|Objective||To offer the e-nomination option for its members|
|Benefits||Online payment of PF money to your nominees is possible|
|Eligibility Criteria||Spouse, biological, and adopted children|
Eligibility Criteria for File Your EPFO e-Nomination Online
- If you want to avail the fund under the EPFO e-Nomination then the applicant must be a spouse of the person.
- The biological childrens may be boys or girls who are older than 18 years are regarded as family members of the employee and may be proposed as nominees by an EPF member.
- The adopted children can also apply for the fund.
Benefits of File Your EPFO e-Nomination Online
- The e- nomination would allow an easy and convenient payment of PF, pension, and insurance of up to 7 lakh rupees to qualified nominees if the beneficiary suffered any kind of physical damage or if the loss of life happened.
- In the event of death, e-nomination gives the nominee or dependents (spouse, children, and parents) of the holder of an EPF account the right to withdraw accrued money (EPF, EPS, and ELDIS).
- After the sudden death of the beneficiary, the nominee can claim the payment via online service.
- This is a simple method for the nominees to get funds without any inconvenience.
- You don’t need to submit any kind of documents for fund collection.
Also check: EPF Claim Status
Key Remarks for EPFO
- The member should nominate his spouse and kids for PF even if he does not wish to. Children and spouses are considered family by the pension fund. Their names ought to be on the family list.
- Before submitting, provide the Aadhaar number and photo of the family member.
- One can only be nominated for PF by an unmarried, unrelated third party.
- A pension contributor can only be proposed by single members.
- The Pension Nomination link will be the only one that is active and the member will only be able to nominate one person in a circumstance where there is neither a wife nor any children.
Application Procedure for E-Nomination
The actions that must be completed in order to submit an e-nomination to an EPF account online using the Universal Account Number on the official website of EPFO are as follows:
- First, you need to go to the EPFO official website of EPFO.
- There will be a home page on your screen.
- On the homepage you have to go to the Service option after that click on For Employees.
- A new page will appear, here you have to click on the “Member UAN/ Online Service (OCS/OTP)“
- To access your account, enter your user identification number (UAN) and password.
- From the drop-down menu under the “Manage Tab,” choose “E-nomination.”
- Click the “Save” button when the “Provide Details” tab appears on your screen at this stage.
- Choose the “Yes” option from the drop-down box to make modifications to the family declaration.
- Search for and select the “Add Family Information” button. After that, enter the necessary details in the blanks. You may nominate more than one person, if you like.
- To define the total share value at this time, choose the “Nomination Details” option. Choose the “Save EPF Nomination” option after that.
- Nominee’s recent profile picture
- Contact number of the nominee must be linked to your Aadhaar number.
- Your Aadhaar information should match completely with your name, birthdate, and gender on your EPF records.
- Your siblings and sisters are not considered to be family members according to PF law.
- You need to have the nominee’s legal name, birthdate, Aadhar number, and picture in order to complete the EPF e-nomination.
This EPFO E-nomination enables the nominee or the account holder’s (Spouse, adopted childrens) to access funds that have been saved in the Employees’ Pension Scheme, Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme, and Employees’ Provident Fund in the event that the account holder of an EPF passes away (EDLI). There is no set deadline for submitting an e-Nomination, according to the Workers’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO).
- HEAD OFFICE
- EPFO HEAD OFFICE
- Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan,
- 14, Bhikaiji Cama Place,
- New Delhi – 110 066.
File Your EPFO e-Nomination Online 2023 FAQs
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation.
The nominee may be a spouse, biological childrens or adopted children.
Nominee’s recent profile picture
Contact number of the nominee must be linked to your Aadhaar number.
Your Aadhaar information should match completely with your name, birthdate, and gender on your EPF records.
Your siblings and sisters are not considered to be family members according to PF law.
You need to have the nominee’s legal name, birthdate, Aadhar number, and picture in order to complete the EPF e-nomination.