Karnataka Driver Scheme:- The covid pandemic has severely affected India and its citizens. Therefore the economic and social disruption caused by the pandemic is devastating. Tens of millions of people are at the risk of falling into extreme poverty, while the number of undernourished people has grown far time. Keeping the effects of Corona in mind the Karnataka government has decided to help all those people who have lost their jobs and a source of earning due to this pandemic. Karnataka Driver Scheme 2024 has been initiated by the government of Karnataka to help all the drivers of the state who lost their job due to this covid lockdown. In this article today we will share all the information such as benefits, beneficiaries, objectives, and application procedure regarding this scheme.
About Karnataka Driver Scheme 2024
To help the people recover from the losses they suffer due to covid-19 lockdown, the Karnataka CM BS Yediyurappa has initiated the Karnataka driver scheme. Under this scheme, the Karnataka farmers, flower growers, washerman, auto-rickshaw and taxi drivers, MSMEs, large industries weavers, building workers, and barbers would take a sign of relief as the government would be providing some financial aid to all these daily wages who have lost their jobs due to covid-19 lockdown. The chief minister of Karnataka has urged the people to help the farmers and all these workers in the possible ways they could. He suggested that we must purchase vegetables and other essentials from these workers at a moderate and prevailing rate so that they can live peacefully and calmly.
- Therefore, the government is going to spend an amount of Rs. 63 crore on this scheme.
- All the registered and licensed drivers would get a financial aid of Rs.3000 from the government to sustain their livelihood which was lost due to the lockdown.
Also Read: Karnataka Seva Sindhu Portal
Objectives Of Karnataka Driver Scheme
The most important objective of this scheme is to provide help to all those people who have been worst affected by the covid-19 and the lockdown situation in the country. Helping the people of the country when the situations are not favorable is the duty of the government. So the Karnataka Driver Scheme is giving help to almost 2.10 lakh people in the country. The government moreover wanted that all these affected may lead a peaceful and healthy life while they are not facing any financial problem.
Details Of Karnataka Driver Scheme
|Name||Karnataka Driver Scheme|
|Launched by||CM BS Yediyurappa|
|Launched date||05 August 2020|
|Objective||Giving financial support to the covid worst affected people|
|Beneficiaries||Micro, small, medium Enterprises, Farmers, Washermen, Barbers, Auto, Cab and taxi driver and others|
|Scheme benefit||Financial Aid of Rs.5000|
Benefits of the Karnataka Driver Scheme 2024
The beneficiaries of the Karnataka Driver Scheme are many so this game is offering different benefits to different beneficiaries. Some of the benefits are listed below:
Benefits to Flower Growers, Fruit and Vegetable Growers
Around Rs.12.74 crore has been allocated by the government to the flower growers. Under this scheme, the government is going to provide rupees 10,000 per hectare which will benefit around 20000 farmer flower growers. This scheme will benefits vegetable and fruit growers too as they will also get rupees 10000 per hectare as financial aid. Also, around 69000 fruit and vegetable growers are benefited under this scheme.
Benefits to construction workers and street vendors
An annual budget of Rs. 494 crore has been allocated by the government for the construction workers. Each construction worker who is registered with the Karnataka Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board will get rupees 3000 as financial aid by the government. This will immensely help all the workers who could not work due to the lockdown situation in the country. Another rupee 44 crores have been allocated by the government for the street vendors who are registered under Nirbhar Nidhi. Under this came the street vendors will get rupees 2000 each as a financial help this will benefit around 2.20 lakh of street vendors.
Benefits to Artists and Unorganised Sector
This scheme is providing financial help to all the people of the state who have lost their jobs due to covid-19 lockdown. For the artist, the government has allocated rupees 4.8 to crore as financial help. Around16095 artists are going to be benefited under this scheme. Rupees 3000 as financial assistance has been given to the artists. The unorganized sector contains tailors, porters, mechanics, blacksmiths, domestic workers, etc who are the daily wagers and earn daily for a living. the government spending rupees 60.89 crores for all the unorganized workers. Around 3.4 lakh people will get rupees 2,000 as financial help under this scheme.
Eligibility Criteria For Karnataka Driver Scheme
The following candidates can apply for the Karnataka driver scheme.
- Auto driver
- Cab drivers
- Flower growers
- Small and Medium Enterprises
- Taxi Drivers
Important Documents Under Karnataka Driver Scheme
It is compulsory for an applicant to have the following documents before applying in this scheme.
- Aadhar Card
- Passport Size Photo
- Registered Transport Driver Proof
- Residence Certificate
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Application Driving Licence
- Voter ID Card
Procedure To Apply For Karnataka Driver Scheme
To get oneself registered under the Karnataka Driver Scheme scheme an applicant must follow the given steps.
- First of all an applicant has to visit the official website of Seva Sindhu. There you will find a homepage opened in front of you.
- Now on the homepage, you need to click on the option Disbursement of cash relief to auto-rickshaw drivers and taxi drivers for covid-19.
- As you click on the above option DRIVER REGISTRATION form appears on your screen you need to fill all the required information in the application form.
- The registration form contains the following details such as
- Name of the applicant as per aadhaar card
- Aadhar Card number
- Mobile Number
- Driving Licence Details
- Vehicle details
- Once you fill in all the required details, click on the Submit button option. Your form is filled. Don’t forget to take out the printout of your form.
Process To Check Application Status
If an applicant is interested to check the application status of the Karnataka driver scheme he or she has to follow the given steps
- Firstly, applicants need to visit the official website of Seva Sindhu. A home page appears on your screen.
- At the homepage you will find an option to check application status.
- Just click on the above option and enter the Application Reference Number carefully and click on the Submit button. You will be able to see the application status of the scheme.
Process To Check Beneficiary List
If the applicant wants to check the name in the beneficiary list they can follow the given steps.
- First of all the applicants need to go to the official website of Seva Sindhu. A home page appears on your screen.
- On the homepage you will see the option of beneficiary list. Click on that option.
- Click on the above option and fill all the necessary details asked after that you will be able to find the name in the beneficial list.
If the applicants face any problem regarding the scheme or have any ideas or complaints or any query then they can contact the given number.
Helpline Number- 080-22230281