Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan yojana has been launched by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India which was introduced in 1999. The main aim of this scheme is to encourage the student to pursue a basic science course and research career in science. In this article, today we will discuss the Objective, Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Important Documents, Application Fees, and Selection that are required to apply for this scheme.
About Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
KVPY yojana has been launched for students who are studying in the 11th standard to the first year of any undergraduate program such as B.Sc/B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S in Mathematics Physics Chemistry Biologyequity Molecular Biology Botany Zoology Physiology Biotechnology Neurosciences Statistics Biochemistry Microbiology by Informatics Marine Biology Zoology Human Biology Genetics Biomedical Science Applied Physics Geophysics Material Science or Environmental Science. The main aim of this program is to identify and encourage talented students who want to pursue a career in science. In addition to this summer camps for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana are organized for research in educational institutions in the country
Expansion Of Application Dates Under KVPY
The application dates under Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana have been extended by the Indian Institute of Sciences. The student belonging to class 11th hour the first year of any graduate program in basic science like BSc BS, integrated MSc MS in Mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology can easily apply under this scheme till 6th September 2021. All Eligible beneficiaries can visit the official website and fill the application form before the last date. They have to attach a soft copy of the passport size photograph and signature along with the application form.
Objective Of The Scheme
As we all know there are many students who want to adopt science for their better career options and there are many categories for the students who have potential towards this field but are unable to join the course because there is a lack of knowledge. The main aim of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is to guide them with better career opportunities and help them to pursue a career in the Science stream, help them to realize their academic potential encourage them to take up research career, and to ensure the best growth of the scientific minds for research and the development of the country
Details Of The Scheme
|Name of the scheme||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 2023|
|Launched by||Department of Science and Technology Government of India|
|Scheme type||Fellowship scheme|
|Category||Central Government scheme|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Commencing date||6 September 2020|
|Last date||5 October 2020|
|Official website||click here|
Also Read: National Service Scheme (NSS)
Important Dates Of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
|Application starting from||6th September 2020|
|Last date to apply||5th October 2020|
|Aptitude Test Date||31st January 2021|
Kinds Of KVPY Fellowship
|Basic Science Courses||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SX/SB- during 1st to 3rd year of B.SC/B.S/B.STAT/B.MATH/ INTEGRATED M.SC/M.S||Rs. 5000||Rs. 20,000|
|SA/SX/SB- during M.SC/ 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.sc/ M.S./ M.Math/ M.STAT||Rs. 7000||Rs. 28,000|
Stream SA: applicants should get 75% marks in the 10th standard and take admission in the 11th standard and are eligible to apply for the aptitude test. Fellowship will be given to those who will take admitted in B.SC/ B.S./ STAT/ B.MATH/INT.MSC/INT MS after scoring 60% marks in the 12th board examination.
Stream SX: applicants who are in 12th standard with physics chemistry maths biology subjects to pursue B.SC/B.S./B.STAT/B.MATH/INT MSC/INT M.S. COURSE are eligible to apply for the aptitude test. The applicant must score 75% marks in aggregate mathematics and Science subject
Stream SB: students who are in first year of B.SC/B.S./B.STAT/B.MATH/INT
MSC/INT M.S.B applicant must secure 60% marks in the 12th board examination
- Applicants should be PwD/ SC/ ST Candidate
Application Fee Criteria
Fees payment can be done by a credit card ATM debit card net banking. Fees are as follows:-
|General/OBC Category||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs. 500 (bank charges)|
Also Read: PM Scholarship Scheme
Selection will be done on the basis of the aptitude test which will be held in the month of November 2020 followed by an interview
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Registration Procedure
- Visit the official website of the Department of Science and Technology Government of India.
- From the home page of the website click the application option.
- Then you have to click on click here for the registration option.
- Fill the registration form by filling name email id contact number captcha code etc
- Click on the register option then fill the rest application with personal and academic details
- Attach the image signature and other documents
- Submit the application form after review of the entered detail.
- Make a payment of the application form and take out the printout of the application form and payment receipt.
|Type of question||Multiple choice questions|
|Medium||Hindi and English|
|Marking scheme||In part 1 of every incorrect answer 0.25 marks will be deducted and in part 2 of every incorrect answer 0.5 marks will be deducted|
|Subject||Number of questions part 1 (01 mark each)||Number of question part 2 (2 marks each)||Total marks|
|Subjects||Number of question part 1 (01 mark each)||Number of questions part 2 (02 marks each)||Total marks|
|Jharkhand||Jamshedpur Ranchi dhanbad|
|West Bengal||Asansol burdwan Kolkata Siliguri durgapur Hooghly|
|Haryana||Ambala hisar karnal faridabad-gurgaon kurukshetra panipat|
|Punjab||Jalandhar Mohali Patiala Ludhiana|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer Jaipur Udaipur Jodhpur sikar|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra Allahabad greater Noida Kanpur Bareilly Ghaziabad Lucknow Noida Varanasi|
|Andhra Pradesh||Rajahmundry Tirupati Vijayawada Visakhapatnam|
|Karnataka||belagavi Bengaluru chikkamangaluru chikkaballapura davanagiri upali Kala bukhari mangaluru Hassan Mysore to shivamogga uduppi uttara Kannada|
|Kerala||Alappuzha anakkulam Kollam Kottayam to Kozhikode Kannur pathanamthitta thiruvanthapuram kasaragod malappuram Palakkad|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai Coimbatore nagercoil Salem Kanchipuram Madurai|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad Rajkot Surat Vadodara Anand Gandhinagar|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal Indore|
|Maharashtra||Amaravati Mumbai Navi Mumbai Aurangabad Nagpur Nashik Kolhapur Pune Thane|
Preparation Required For KVPY Exam
- Exam Pattern: Students are required to start preparation considering the exam pattern and prepare accordingly. First, they should check the number of question marking schemes and syllabus.
- Books: They should adopt good books in order to prepare for this exam that has clear concepts.
- Cross study: If the student is in 11th standard he advises to study the syllabus of 10th and 12th also.
- Mock test: the student is advised to practice mock test before appearing in an exam
Download Procedure Of KVPY Question Paper
- First, you have to visit the official website of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana.
- On the homepage, you need to scroll down.
- After scrolling down you will see the question paper and answers key section.
- Here you will find all the question paper and answers keys from 2009 to 2019
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Result
- First you have to visit the official website of KVPY
- Then you have to click on the provisional list of KVPY fellowship awards.
- When clicking on stream SA stream SX stream SB
- Click on it and the list will appear on the screen in PDF form