Ladli Beti Scheme is presented by the Jammu and Kashmir governments in order to help the people who have a girl child but they do not have adequate resources in order to help to achieve their education. The scheme was created in order to help the girl child who was born after 2015 in the Jammu and Kashmir territory and Ladakh. The people will be able to successfully apply for the scheme and Ladli Beti Scheme will help in the declining issue of the female sex ratio in the Jammu and Kashmir state. The people who are now permanent residents of the Jammu and Kashmir state are suffering because of the low income which is available for the people and the lack of resources available for the children. People will be able to apply for this scheme in two different phases.
The first phase is a 14-year recurring deposit account with a completion date set for one month after the last instalment is received. After the maturity of Phase I, the account will graduate to Phase II which is a 7-year cumulative term deposit account.
Importance of Ladli Beti Scheme 2023
The Ladli Beti Scheme 2023 is a prestigious program which is created in order to promote the education and empowerment of girl children in the Kashmir state. If you are a permanent resident of the Kashmir state then you will be provided the opportunity to help your children to achieve education or to help them to continue their higher education after they have attained a particular age. The scheme is created in order to help people to invest in their daughter’s education because sometimes the education is ignored because of the lack of financial assistance that is available to the people.
- This system is created so that there are proper opportunities for the people who belong to the economically backward section of society and have a lot of barriers. This scheme will cover the cost of education of the girl children and it will also address some financial difficulties that the people are going through.
Also Check: Sukanya Samriddhi Form
Objective of Scheme
The objective of the Ladli Beti Scheme will help people to continue their education in the Jammu and Kashmir states because sometimes the people who are living in the state are often deprived of education and basic rights. It is important for more gender equality because girl children are ignored when it comes to education. The scheme created by the Jammu and Kashmir governments will help the people to continue the education for the children. The girl children who belong to the economically backward section of the society will be able to continue their schooling with the number of funds that are available by the Jammu and Kashmir state in the Ladli beti scheme. The main aim of this scheme is to promote gender equality and to help people to achieve primary education.
What is Ladli Beti Scheme?
The Ladli Beti Scheme is a social assistance scheme. The scheme is created by the Jammu & Kashmir Government. The scheme is available for newborn girl children of the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh born on or after 01/04/2015. The main motive for the development of the scheme is to provide equality to the people of the Jammu and Kashmir states and to help the girl children to continue their education. The scheme will promote general equality and it will provide basic educational rights. The scheme includes a recurring deposit for 14 years and a cumulative term deposit for 7 years. The monthly contribution of ₹1000/- in Phase-I is made by the government only. The scheme helps in the development of the premises of the Jammu and Kashmir state.
Why is Ladli Beti Scheme 2023 important?
The Ladli Beti Scheme 2023 is important for several reasons:
- The scheme will promote gender equality and it will decline the procedure of female foeticide.
- The scheme will address the issue of the declining female sex ratio in the Jammu and Kashmir state.
- Ladli Beti Scheme will promote the birth of girl children in the Jammu and Kashmir states.
- The scheme will provide financial assistance to all of the beneficiaries.
- The scheme intends to ensure that the girl child does not become a burden on the parents or guardians at the time of her marriage.
- Ladli Beti scheme will promote the education of girl children.
- The scheme provides financial support to parents or guardians of girl children.
- The scheme will promote the living standards of the people currently living in the Jammu and Kashmir state.
- The overall literacy of the Jammu and Kashmir state will be improved.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scheme:
- The girl child should have been born on or after 01/04/2015.
- The annual income of the parents of the girl child from all sources should be less than ₹75,000.
- The girl child and her family should be residents of Jammu & Kashmir.
Benefits and Incentives
The following benefits will be available to the people who will apply for this scheme:-
- The Ladli Beti Scheme 2023 requires the natural or legal guardian of a girl child to open a recurring deposit account under the scheme.
- The J&K government will contribute Rs. 1000/- per month to the account from the birth of the girl child or account opening date for 14 years, totaling Rs. 168000/-.
- No credits other than the monthly contribution of Rs. 1000/- by the J&K government are allowed in Phase I (RD Account).
- After the maturity of Phase I, the account will convert to Phase II (Cumulative Term Deposit account), and no partial drawls or foreclosure will allow during any phase.
- The maturity benefits will pay to the beneficiary on completion of 21 years of age or 21 years after the first installment or 85 months after the last installment, whichever is later, by crediting the savings bank account of the girl child.
- The nomination facility will not be applicable, and in the event of the death of the girl child, the account balance along with interest accrued will revert to the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh.
- The account opened at a particular branch cannot transfer to any other branch.
- The beneficiary/parent or guardian must produce a life certificate of the beneficiary certified by a gazetted officer or the principal of the school/college where she is enrolled every three years and at the time of maturity.
- The TDS will not deduct as long as the guardian/beneficiary furnishes form 15G/15H every year and have a valid PAN.
- The scheme aims to benefit households with an annual income of less than Rs. 75000/- and promote the education and empowerment of girls.
How to apply for Ladli Beti Scheme 2023?
The applicant must follow the following application procedure to apply for the scheme:
- Register on the Service Plus Portal by creating login details
- Click “Apply for Services” and search for “Application for obtaining financial assistance under Ladli Beti Scheme”.
- Upload mandatory documents and submit the application.
- Download the Acknowledgement for record and reference, and track the application status through Rapid Assessment System (RAS).
- CDPO will reject/revert deficient applications within 15 days or forward them to DPO for approval.
- DPO will reject/revert deficient applications within 10 days or forward them to Deputy Commissioner for sanction.
- Deputy Commissioner will reject/revert deficient applications within 10 days or sanction and forward them to Director (Finance) / FA & CAO for disbursement of financial assistance.
Required Documents for the Application Process
The following documents require in order to apply for the scheme:
- Duly filled and signed Application Form
- Sanction Letter from CDPO (Child Development Project Officer)
- Identity Proof of the Parents or the Legal Guardians of the girl child (Aadhaar Card, Passport, Voter Id Card, Driving License, etc.)
- Address Proof of the Parents or the Legal Guardian of the girl child (Aadhaar Card, Voter Card, Utility Bills, PAN Card, etc.)
- Domicile Certificate of the Parent/Guardian.
- Birth Certificate of the Girl Child
- Aadhaar Number of the Girl Child
- Aadhaar Number of the Parent/Guardian.Recent Passport Size Photographs of the Girl Child
- Bank Account Details (the copy of the first page of the passbook of the bank account)
- Income Certificate of the Parent/Guardian (less than or equal to ₹ 75000/- per annum)
The selection process for the Ladli Beti Scheme 2023 involves the following steps:
- The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria set by the government, which include being a resident of the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh and having an annual income of less than Rs. 75,000.
- The applicant must register on the Service Plus Portal and create login details to apply for the scheme.
- The applicant must apply for the scheme by submitting the application form along with the required documents through the online portal.
- The CDPO will scrutinize the application and either reject/revert it in case of deficiency or forward it to the DPO for approval within 15 days.
- The DPO will further scrutinize the application and either reject/revert it in case of deficiency or forward it to the Deputy Commissioner for sanction within 10 days.
- The Deputy Commissioner will sanction the application and forward it to the Director (Finance) / FA & CAO, Social Welfare Department for disbursement of the financial assistance within 10 days.
- The financial assistance will disburse to the beneficiary through a recurring deposit account and a cumulative term deposit account over a period of 21 years, subject to certain conditions
- Social Welfare Department, Jammu & Kashmir Helpline No. :-
- Social Welfare Department, Jammu & Kashmir Helpdesk Email :-
- [email protected]
Ladli Beti Scheme 2023 FAQs
Ladli Beti Scheme 2023 is a social assistance scheme sponsored by the Jammu & Kashmir Government for the newborn girl child of the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh born on or after 01/04/2015.
The objective of the scheme is to arrest the declining female sex ratio and ensure that the girl child does not become a burden for the parent or guardian at the time of her marriage.
The parents or legal guardians of the girl child born on or after 01/04/2015 and having an annual income of less than Rs. 75,000 are eligible to apply for the scheme.
Under the scheme, a recurring deposit account will be opened in the name of the girl child, and a monthly contribution of Rs. 1000/- per month will be made by the J&K Government from the birth of the girl child/account opening date for the next 14 years. The scheme further includes a cumulative term deposit for 7 years, which will be available after the completion of Phase I.
The mandatory documents required to apply for the scheme are the Application Form, KYC Norms of the Parent/ Guardian, and the sanction letter from the CDPO (Child Development Project Officer).