Maharashtra Department of Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Protection will now be providing ration cards to the people who are permanent residents of the Maharashtra state but these ration cards will be digital ration cards which will provide online services to the residents. People can now apply for the smart ration card by visiting the official website created by the department responsible for the ration card. The ration card includes major information related to the address and the family tree of a particular family which also includes the income tax criteria and also the income details of a family member. People can verify their names in the ration card list by visiting the official website. You must follow the eligibility criteria to successfully apply for the prestigious Maharashtra Smart Ration Card 2024 services.
Objective of Maharashtra Smart Ration Card 2024
The Maharashtra government has created a digital ration card opportunity for people who do not have the resources to apply for the ration card by visiting the official government office presented by the Maharashtra government. Ration cards have important information related to the income of a particular resident and accordingly, the resident will be selected to get welfare schemes and other services. Different types of ration cards are available by the authorities and the people of the Maharashtra state can apply for the ration card accordingly. People who are coming from the economically backward section of society will be eligible to apply for the different types of ration cards so that they can get food and products in a subsidized manner. There are different eligibility criteria available for people coming from different economically backward sections of society.
Also Read: Free Ration Card
Types Of Ration Cards
- Yellow ration cards are available for the people from BPL category
- Saffron ration cards are available to families with an annual income of more than 15000 but less than 1 lakh.
- White ration cards are available to families with a yearly income of at least 1 lakh.
- Yellow Ration Card
- The annual income of the family from all sources must not exceed Rs. 15000/- and IRDP should be in the list of the FY 1997-98.
- Any of the family members of the applicants must not be a doctor, lawyer, architect, or chartered Accountant (CA).
- No person belonging to the applicant’s family shall be eligible for paying business tax, sales tax, or income tax.
- Applicant’s family members must not possess a telephone and 4-wheelers.
- Applicants must not possess land of 2 hectares, even in the name of their family members.
- All Bidi workers, households of all Pardhi and Kolhati societies, and abandoned women will get this Ration Card.
- Rural workers of closed mills, yarn mills, and factories can apply for this yellow ration card.
- Kesari Ration Card
- The annual income of the family of the applicant from all sources must lie between Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 1 Lakh.
- The applicant’s family must not possess a 4-wheeler vehicle. However, this condition is relaxable for taxi drivers.
- Applicant must not possess more than 4 hectares of land in his name or even in the name of his family members.
- White Ration Card
- All the families having more than 1 lakh annual income, possessing 4 wheelers or any other family can get this White Ration Card under the Tricolor Scheme.
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID card
- PAN Card
- Passport (original copy)
- Proof of residence
- Electricity bill (as proof of address)
- Driving Licence
Maharashtra Smart Ration Card 2024 Application Procedure
- You will first have to visit the Maharashtra website of the food and civil supplies department by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen
- You have to now click on the downloads option
- A new page with the list of application forms will open on your screen.
- You have to click on the option called Sample 1: Application for new ration card
- The application form for the new ration card in Maharashtra will be displayed on the website screen.
- Download and print the application form from the portal.
- Fill in all the necessary details on the form and submit it at the appropriate office.
Also Check: One Nation One Ration Card
- You will first have to visit the official website of the food and civil supplies department by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen
- You have to now click on the Transparency Portal
- Click on the “Allocation Generation Status” link.
- Now, enter your ration card details accurately
- Click “Proceed” to check the status of your application.
- Toll-free helpline number- 1800 2249 50 and 1967
Maharashtra Smart Ration Card 2024 FAQs
The applicants can download the PDF of the application form to be submitted to the concerned authorities by visiting the official website and then they can talk to the concerned authorities about the application.
There are three different ration cards available for you and if you belong to the BPL category then you can apply for the yellow ration card which will help you to get subsidized products.
You must have your Aadhaar card, voter ID card, PAN card, passport, and other documents that prove your residency to successfully apply for the ration card according to your income criteria.
If you have an annual income between 15000 rupees to Rs 1 lakh Rupees then you are considered to be below the poverty line. You can get the income certificate from the competent authorities.