It is fantastic news for our educational institutions that the cabinet has approved a sizable quantity of money for school renovations. Indian state governments have recently launched a number of measures to enhance and elevate schools. This is one of the initiatives that concentrate on both the financial needs of schools and their long-term goals. The PM SHRI Schools Scheme was introduced by India’s Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi Ji on Teacher’s Day (5 September 2022) to ensure that the old schools that are being upgraded can proceed without encountering any difficulties or roadblocks. More than 14500 PM Shri Schools List will be developed through this project and will be run by the federal, state, and local governments. The central government’s financing of the PM Shri Scheme will assist numerous students.
About PM SHRI Schools List
The PM SHRI Schools Scheme was introduced by the Central Government, which includes PM Narendra Modi Ji, in order to allow the government to update and improve the appearance of the schools that require it. The school will be outfitted with modern infrastructure, including labs, smart classrooms, libraries, and sports facilities. PM SHRI Schools would be implemented using the administrative framework currently in place for Samagra Shiksha, KVS, and NVS. This program can be categorized as a green school project.
- This programme will benefit local schools in general. The program is expected to directly assist more than 18 lakh kids.
- The plan will also inform policy, practice, and implementation while fostering an understanding of the numerous aspects of educational quality.
- Other schools across the nation will benefit from the lessons learned at these schools. The plan is to implement the scheme over a five-year period starting in 2022–2023 and ending in 2026–2027.
Objective of SHRI Schools
The primary goal of the PM SHRI Schools Scheme is to strengthen the tenets of the New Education Policy so that students will be able to receive a high-quality education after utilizing the facilities offered in schools with modern infrastructures, such as labs, smart classrooms, libraries, and sports facilities. Launching the PM SHRI Schools Scheme also has the goal of transforming outdated educational institutions into models through renovation and development using cutting-edge technology. 14,500 schools will be able to receive some development and renovation. Smart classes will take over schools.
Key Highlights of PM SHRI Schools
|Launched By||Central Government|
|Name of Scheme||PM SHRI Schools|
|Objective||Spending on improvements and innovations in schools|
|Benefits||17,000,360 crores will be spent to upgrade 14,500 schools|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology|
|Launch Date||5th September 2022|
|No. of Schools Targeted||14,500|
|Allocated Budget||Rs. 27360/- Crores|
|Central Share||Rs. 18128/- Crores|
|Beneficiaries||Schools that will be run by the federal, state, and local governments|
Benefits of PM SHRI Schools
- The PM SHRI Schools Scheme will meet NEP 2020 standards.
- Students will be able to take advantage of high-quality education.
- The pupils will not view their coursework as a burden to bear; rather, they will take pleasure in it.
- Old schools will be transformed into new ones.
- Schools will receive a variety of contemporary infrastructures, including labs, smart classrooms, libraries, and sports facilities.
- 14,500 schools will be eligible for renovations or development.
- Promotion of development, renovation, and improvement will take place.
- Schools and institutions will be able to operate in accordance with NEP 2020’s guidelines.
- The PM SHRI Schools Scheme will begin receiving money from the central government.
- It will foster various academic skills among the students
Features of PM SHRI Schools
- India’s Prime Minister, Shri. Narendra Modi Ji has introduced the PM Shri Schools Initiative
- Pradhan Mantri Schools For Rising India is the full name of this programme.
- This program has introduced on September 5, 2022.
- The government has established goals for establishing and renovating 14,500 schools.
- The NEP 2020 rules and regulations will update for schools and other institutions.
- For the designated schools, a variety of contemporary infrastructures, including labs, smart classrooms, libraries, and sports facilities, will be installed.
- The current educational system is going to change.
- The newest or newest developments in educational technology will adapt.
- The Central Government will begin contributing 60% of the funds to this scheme in order to ensure the proper execution of the PM SHRI Schools Scheme.
- The applicants will need to wait till the opening of the official website in order to obtain further information.
Eligibility Criteria for PM SHRI Schools
Elementary school and secondary school, Senior school managed by central, state, or local self-government and holding a USIDSE+ CODE may apply.
As a Centrally Sponsored Scheme, the Central Government has allotted a sum of Rs. 27360 crores in the shape of a budget for the effective execution of this programme. The next five years, from 2022 to 2027, will receive a Central Share of Rs. 18128 crores. This program will continue to proceed for another five years.
Launch of the PM Shri School Portal
The portal for selecting Pradhan Mantri Schools for Rising India (PM SHRI) schools was launched by Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, on November 3, 2022. On the official website, the state governments can select which schools would become PM SHRI schools using the portal. The schools will serve as examples for other schools and demonstrate how the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 is being implemented.
PM SHRI School Scheme Interventions
The main examples of the education system’s interventions are as follows:
- The nation’s most pressing need is, as we all know, improving the current infrastructure.
- Program for Learning Enhancement, Comprehensive Progress Card, Innovative Teaching, Internships with Local Artists, and Capacity Development. Everything will aid pupils in defining their professional paths.
- The PM SHRI Schools will give science and math supplies.
- Annual Grants for Education
- Infrastructure for early childhood development that is good for women and CWSN
- utilizing technological solutions to help educators communicate with pupils across language difficulties.
- ICT, smart classrooms, and digital libraries are necessary for putting digital pedagogy into practice. In every PM SHRI school, ICT, smart classrooms, and digital activities will be introduced.
- In addition to other amenities, all schools will receive scientific labs, a library, ICT facilities, and vocational labs.
Assurance of the PM SHRI Schools’ Quality
- For the aim of tracking enrollment and learning, the NEP 2020 Student Registry.
- Each youngster should perform better in school than the state and country averages. This indicates that it also pays attention to pupils’ grades.
- Every middle school student is taught 21st-century skills. All high school students possess at least one ability.
- Every child will receive coaching and opportunities for participation in athletics, the arts, and ICT School sustainability.
- Colleges will serve as a mentor for each school.
- Each school will receive mentoring from higher education institutions.
- Every child receives professional and psychological counseling.
- The knowledge and heritage of India shall be ingrained in the students.
- educating students about India’s contributions to the world, instilling in them a sense of responsibility for society, other living things, and the environment, developing their communication skills in Indian languages, teaching them to respect inclusivity, equality, and unity in diversity, and encouraging a sense of service.
- Personality and civic responsibility in nation-building.
List of States Allotted to Receive Funds
The following are the listings of the allocated states:-
- States in the Northeast
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
List of Modern Infrastructure Available
The following are the contemporary infrastructures that are provided by this program:-
- Smart Classrooms
- Art Room
List of Schools Selected under the PM SHRI Schools
Here we will provide you with the list of Schools which who has selected under PM SHRI and can apply for the services. You can download the pdf and check the name of your school in the given list
- ANANTHAPUR LIST PDF
- CHITTOOR LIST PDF
- EAST GODAVARI LIST PDF
- GUNTUR LIST PDF
- KARNOOL LIST PDF
- KRISHNA LIST
- NELLORE LIST
- PRAKASAM LIST
- SRIKAKULAM LIST
- VIJAYANAGARAM LIST
- VISAKHAPATNAM LIST
- WEST GODAVARI LIST
- YSR KADAPA LIST
PM SHRI School Application Process
On the program’s website, schools can self-apply. The three-step procedure for choosing PM SHRI Schools:
- The Center supports schools in achieving quality assurance while States or Territories fully implement NEP.
- Application for the PM-SHRI will be based on fundamental standards. Challenges must be overcome by pool schools. Conditions are physically examined.
- The selected schools would compete with one another to see which could meet the demanding requirements established by the central government.
Login for National, State, and District Users at PM Shri School
- Any authorized national, state, or district user must go to the official website of PM SHIRI Schools in order to log in.
- The login button for national, state and district users must click on the homepage.
- Then, on a new page, the user must enter their registered mobile number.
- The user must then confirm receiving the OTP after it.
- The login for the user will thereafter be successful.
Procedure for PM Shri School Users’ Login Information
- Users of the school must go to the official website of the PMC schools in order to log in.
- On the homepage, they must find and select the school user login option.
- Users will prompt to enter HM’s cell phone number and UDISC code on a new page that loads.
- Click the OTP transmit button after that.
- The user will successfully log in as a school user after accepting the OTP.
The schools who want to log in under the PM Shri School and have any query regarding this can’t connect through the information given below:
- Ministry of Education, D/o School Education & Literacy, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001
Website Information Manager