RTE Karnataka Admission 2024 will help the people to get admission under the Right to education act in Karnataka state. The Right to Education Act was passed by the Indian parliament in 2009. This act was created in order to make education a fundamental right for children. Fundamental education is provided to the beneficiary between the age of 6 and 14 in India. The people can take admission to private and government schools available in the Karnataka state through the RTE Act which was passed by the Karnataka Government.
The people will be able to take admission to schools that are otherwise very difficult to take admission in. Compulsory education will be provided to all the children without considering their caste or creed or gender or religion. The students who belong to the economically backward section of society will be provided with the opportunity to apply for the RTE Karnataka admission.
Overview of RTE Karnataka Admission 2024
The Right to Education Act was passed by the Indian parliament in the year 2009 in order to recognise the need for primary education for children who belong to the economically backward section of society. Children will be able to get an education if they are above the age of 6 years and below the age of 14 years. The children will be able to get free and compulsory education through the development of RTE admission.
- The Karnataka state provides important opportunities related to education to children between the age criteria. This scheme is also applicable to private institutes available in the Karnataka state along with government institutions.
- A number of seats are reserved through the development of the Right to education act that is practised in the Karnataka state. The students coming from the economically backward section of society or highly benefited through the development of the RTE Karnataka admission 2023-24.
Also Read: Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme
Benefits of RTE Karnataka Admission 2024
Several benefits will be provided to the people who are taking RTE Karnataka Admission 2024. The students will be provided free and compulsory education below the age of 14 years and above the age of 6 years so they will get the opportunity to learn primary education and they will be called literate. Students will be able to take part in private and as well as government organizations available in India through the development of the Right To Education Act that was passed by the Indian parliament. The students will be able to get the seat reserved in the private and government schools available in Karnataka state through the development of RTE admission. 25% of the seats are reserved by the Karnataka Government under the Right to education act so that the children belonging to the economically backward section of the society can take the benefits.
Eligibility Criteria for RTE Karnataka Admission 2024
The applicants are required to follow the following eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for the RTE Karnataka admission for the academic year 2024:
- To be eligible for RTE Karnataka Admission, students must be permanent residents of Karnataka state.
- For admission to LKG, the age range required is from 01-June-2018 to 01-January-2020, and the child’s age should be between 3 years and 5 months to 5 years.
- For children entering first grade, their birthdate must fall between 1 June 2016 and 1 August 2018, making them between 5 years and 5 months to 7 years old.
- The total annual income of the family should not exceed 3.5 lakhs to be eligible for admission.
- Priority is given to orphans, HIV-affected or HIV-infected children, transgender children, children with special needs, migrant and street children, farmers’ children, and children who have committed suicide.
- Children from underprivileged and weaker categories are also given priority.
- Government employees are eligible to apply for admission as well.
Also Read: Karnataka Vidyagama Scheme
The applicants must also follow very specific age criteria in order to successfully apply for the admissions available in RTE Karnataka. Check out the criteria from the table given below:
|3 Years 10 Months
|4 Years 10 Months
|5 Years 10 Months
|6 Years 10 Months
Application Process for RTE Karnataka Admission 2024
Here are the steps to apply for RTE Karnataka Admission:
- Visit the official website of RTE Karnataka
- Once you open the homepage, look for the “RTE Karnataka Admission” section.
- Click on the “RTE Karnataka Admission Form Link.”
- The application form will open on the screen, and you need to fill in all the required details.
- Upload all the necessary documents that are asked for.
- Click on the “Submit” button to proceed to the payment gateway.
- Pay the application fees through the online payment method.
- Finally, take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Documents Required for Submission
There is a list of specific documents that are required in order to successfully fill out the application form for admission. Check out the details related to the documents required from the pointers given below:
- Aadhaar Card
- Birth Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate issued by a competent authority
- Father’s or Mother’s Aadhaar Card
- Address Proof like an Aadhaar card, Driving License, Ration Card, Passport, Voter ID, Bank passbook, etc
Deadline for Submission
There is a specific guideline of the important dates for this admission and the students can check out the schedule that is followed by the authorities from the pointers given below:
|EID Applications submission and verification of data & validity
|21-March-2023 to 21- April -2023
|Application submission Trial
|17-March-2023 and 18-March-2023
|Submission of application through EID, verification of data, and validity
|Special categories and unorganized category application verification date
|21-March-2023 to 21-April-2023
|Announcement of the final list of eligible candidates for the lottery process.
|First-round seat allotment through online mode
|School Enrollment begins from
|2-April-2023 to 08-May-2023
|2nd round seat allotment through online software
|Schools Enrollment for seats allotted in 2nd round
|17-May-2023 to 25-May-2023
|Incorporation of details of children enrolled in the 2nd round
|17-May-2023 to 25-May-2023
Selection Process And Criteria
After the application process is completed, a random selection process is conducted by the concerned Block Education Officer (BEO). The selection is made based on the eligibility criteria mentioned earlier, and the preference given to certain categories of children, such as orphans, HIV-affected or HIV-infected children, transgender children, children with special needs, migrant and street children, farmers’ children, children who have committed suicide. If the number of applications is higher than the number of seats available, then a lottery system is used to select the students.
The list of selected students is displayed on the respective schools’ notice boards, as well as on the RTE Karnataka official website. Parents or guardians of the selected students are required to provide the necessary documents and complete the admission process within the given deadline. If the selected students fail to complete the admission process within the deadline, the seat will be allotted to the next eligible candidate.
RTE Uttarakhand Result
There is a very easy procedure through which people will be able to check out the information about the result of the RTE admission. Check out the simple procedure to follow from the pointers given below:
- Visit the official website of RTE Karnataka
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Click on the Merit List option
- The merit list PDF will open on the screen
- Search your name with the Application Number
- New Public Office Near-RBI,
- Nrupathunga Rd, Sampangi Rama Nagar,
- Ambedkar Veedhi,
- Helpline Numbers:
RTE Karnataka Admission FAQs
RTE stands for the Right to Education, which is a fundamental right of every child in India to receive free and compulsory education.
RTE admission in Karnataka is a process of reserving 25% of seats in private unaided schools for children belonging to economically and socially disadvantaged sections of society.
Students who are permanent residents of Karnataka state and meet the eligibility criteria, such as age, income, and social background, are eligible to apply.
The application process involves filling out the online application form, uploading necessary documents, and paying the application fees through an online payment.
No, RTE Karnataka Admission is only applicable for LKG and 1st-grade students.