Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme 2023 is created by the health minister in order to help the women who are suffering from various illnesses but do not have the resources so they can continue their treatment. The initiative was created by the health minister on the occasion of Women’s Day which was celebrated on 8 March 2023. The people can apply for the services created by the Telangana Government and they will be able to get free medical testing and medications every Tuesday. 100 health centres have been created in order to provide free medical testing and also medicines to the people who are not feeling really well but they do not have access to proper Health care facilities. The people can check out the information about the scheme from the article provided below and they will be eligible to apply for the scheme accordingly.
Importance of Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme
The Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme is created by the Telangana government in order to improve the well-being of women in the Telangana state because oftentimes they are ignored by their family members and do not have access to resources. Women of the Telangana state will be able to apply for the scheme by visiting their nearest government office and filling out the application form. The health centres will identify the beneficiaries on the basis of the economic conditions in which they are living and then they will be provided with a free check-up. The main aim of the development of this scheme is to provide a safe space for the people who belong to the economically backward section of society but they do not have access to basic necessities. Regular checkups will be provided and they will be referred to higher hospitals if they have a very serious illness.
Also Check: Telangana Health Card
Objective of Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme
The candidates can check out the major information about the objectives that will be fulfilled through the development of this scheme from the pointers given below:
- Telangana government has launched Arogya Mahila, a health initiative to address various health issues faced by women.
- The program was launched by Telangana Health Minister T Harish Rao on International Women’s Day in Karimnagar.
- Women are urged to take advantage of the services provided by Arogya Mahila clinic and ASHA employees and ANMs are instructed to inform women about it.
- A new program called Nutrition kit will be launched for expectant women after the Sri Rama Navami festival.
- Telangana government allocated Rs 12,161 crore in the Budget 2023-24 for the Medical and Health Department, up from Rs 11,237 crore the previous year.
- The distribution of KCR Nutritional Kits to all pregnant women in 33 districts is among the significant initiatives launched.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for this prestigious scheme presented by the organization:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Telangana state.
- The applicant must be a woman.
Also Check: ABHA Health Card
Benefits of Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme
The following benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for this prestigious scheme presented by the Telangana government:
- The Mahila Arogya Samiti (MAS) is a community initiative under the National Urban Health Mission.
- On International Women’s Day, Telangana Health Minister T Harish Rao launched a new women’s health project called Arogya Mahila at the Buttirajaram primary health center, and it was simultaneously introduced in 100 hospitals throughout the State.
- The initiative is aimed at raising awareness about health issues that are pertinent to slums and slum-like settlements, including social determinants, water, sanitation, health, hygiene, and nutrition.
- The clinics designated for the initiative will only be accessible to women on Tuesdays and will have exclusively female staff, including doctors, ANMs, and lab technicians.
- In addition to providing treatment, free testing and medications will be provided, and women will be referred to district headquarters hospitals for further care if required, such as surgeries and other procedures.
Services Offered under Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme
Under the Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme, women have access to a range of health services, including free medical tests, medications, and treatment. Some of the services offered under this scheme include:
- Women-only clinics: The designated clinics are only accessible to women on Tuesdays, and they also have all-female staff members, including doctors, ANMs, lab technicians, and others.
- Health awareness: Mahila Arogya Samiti (MAS), an all-female community group, was established to raise awareness of health issues such as water, sanitation, health, hygiene, and nutrition in slums and settlements that resemble slums.
- Referral hospitals: Women who require additional medical attention will be referred to district headquarters hospitals for further care, such as surgeries and other procedures.
- Free testing and medication: Women will receive free medical tests, medications, and treatment as part of the initiative.
Arogya Mahila Scheme Apply Online 2023
If you want to apply for this scheme, you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:
- Visit the official website of the Telangana Health Department or the National Urban Health Mission.
- Look for the Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme application link or form.
- Fill out the required information such as personal details, contact information, and health-related information.
- Upload any necessary documents such as identification, proof of address, and medical records.
- Review and submit your application.
- Wait for confirmation of your application status and further instructions from the Health Department or NUHM.
- Alternatively, you can visit the nearest health centre or hospital and inquire about the application process for the Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme. The healthcare workers or officials there can guide you through the process and provide assistance with the application.
Impact of Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme
The Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme provides a lot of importance to the people who belong to the economically backward section and the main impact of this scheme will be on the people who do not have access to healthcare facilities. The initiative will prevent any Healthcare issues that can happen to the women of the Telangana state. The people will be provided early detection from various diseases that can take their life if they are ignored. The beneficiary fills out the application form with the help of government officials. Female staff members will be designated exclusively for women of the Telangana state so that they do not feel uncomfortable when they are getting their health checkups done. Nutrition kids will also be provided to the beneficiary so that they can continue their healthcare.
Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme 2023 FAQs
Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme 2023 is a health initiative launched by the Telangana government to provide women with healthcare services, testing, and free medication. The initiative aims to improve women’s health and reduce maternal and infant mortality rates.
Under the scheme, women can access various services such as health check-ups, testing, medication, referral services, and counseling on family planning, nutrition, and hygiene.
Yes, the scheme is available for all women residing in Telangana, especially those living in slums and settlements similar to slums.
Yes, the scheme is free of cost for all women who access the services.