If you want two-wheelers so that you can roam across the city and go to work without any problem of vehicles then you are at the right place, the concerned authorities of the Tamilnadu government have launched the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme for the female residents of the Tamilnadu state. In this article, we would like to share with you all the important aspects of the scheme so that you will be able to avail the benefits of the scheme without any further problems. In this article, we have shared the eligibility criteria specification of the vehicles, documents required and step-by-step procedure to apply for the scheme.
About TN Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The project was propelled in February 2018 for the advancement of working ladies, particularly from the poor segment of the general public. Under this plan, qualified candidates can benefit from a markdown on a two-wheeler acquisition of up to a limit of half or Rs.25,000 whichever is lower. Likewise, three-wheeled retrofitted bikes might be benefited from the PwD females. Candidates should bear the rest of the expense of the vehicle either through a bank advance or through their own assets.
Amma Two Wheeler School New Update
There are a small number of beneficiaries under the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme. Due to this, the greater Chennai corporation has requested that working women also avail the benefit under this scheme. According to this scheme, the Chennai corporation will provide Rs. 25000 or 50 percent of two-wheeler to working women also. To avail, of the benefit of this scheme working women can submit their age and address proof for their driving license and income details for the scheme. Around 18 to 15 years of women are eligible under this scheme.
The target which is set by the government is to provide subsidies to around 9519 working women every year said to the Chennai corporation official. Earlier less number of applicants was 10500 which was sanctioned and 9515 applications are under consideration. This year the target has been reduced to 6062, out of only 7000 women will receive the benefit.
Details Of The Article
|Name of the scheme||Amma Two Wheeler Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Tamil Nadu state|
|Launched for||Female Residents of Tamil Nadu state|
|Benefits||Providing two-wheelers to women|
Benefits Of The Scheme
There are many benefits to the Amma two-wheeler scheme. Some of the benefits of the scheme are mentioned below in the following list:-
- Through the scheme, there will be 1 lakh ladies to profit every year.
- Appropriation of half of the expense of the bike or Rs.25,000, whichever is lower will be provided.
- There is an availability of a free reserve from the government for the acquisition of the Amma bike
- The appropriation is to be straightforwardly credited to the recipient’s financial balance.
- PwD ladies can be profited by the retro-fitted three-wheeler bike.
- The ladies can profit from bank advance for the rest of the sum or pay through their own assets.
Also Read:Tamil Nadu Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme
The following women are eligible to apply for the Amma two-wheeler scheme:-
- Women who are actively engaged individually or collectively as a group for a livelihood wage or activity employment.
- Women who are commuting long distances.
- Their earnings are the primary source of income for the family.
- Women who are registered as workers in the organized and unorganized sectors.
- Women are employed in establishments and shops.
- Self-employed women who are engaged in petty trades.
- Women who are either on daily wages, consolidated salary, on contract employment in Government Aided Organizations, private institutions, government projects or community-based organizations such as-
- Panchayat Level Federations
- Mavatta Makkal Kattral Maiyam
- Village Poverty Reduction Committees.
- ASHA workers and Banking correspondents/Banking Facilitators.
- Priority will be given to working women who are-
- Residing in remote areas or hilly regions
- Differently Abled
- Unmarried aged above 35 years
- Household heads
There are some specifications that are finalized by the concerned authorities for the vehicle that needs to be purchased to avail of the benefits of the scheme:-
- The maximum engine capacity must be 125cc
- The vehicle should be eligible to be registered under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988.
- The vehicle should have been manufactured after 01.01.2018 and 2 comply with the latest emission norms.
- Details of all the vehicles provided under this scheme will be collated/gathered by the Project Director (PD), Tamilnadu State Rural Livelihoods Mission (TNSRLM) of the respective District.
- The details will also be shared with the Transport department which shall not permit a change in registration of ownership due to sale or other considerations without the prior permission of the PD, TNSRLM for a period of 3 years.
Reservation Under The Scheme
Under the Amma two-wheeler scheme there are also some reservations made for the fewer fortunate women of the society as given below:-
|Schedule Caste (SC)||21%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1%|
|Differently-Abled||4% (All Categories)|
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria while applying for the Amma two-wheeler scheme:-
- The age of the applicant must not exceed 40 years of age
- The age of the applicant must not be below 18 years
- The applicant must have passed the class 8th examination by a recognized college or school in the Tamilnadu district
- The applicant must have a working two-wheeler driving license issued by the concerned authorities
- The annual income of the family must not exceed rupees 250000
The following documents are required while applying for the Amma two-wheeler scheme:-
- Proof of age (Date of Birth)
- Proof of Residence (EPIC card/DL/Aadhaar Card/Utility bills in the applicant’s name)
- A driving Licence or Learner’s Licence Registration (LLR) is issued by the competent authority.
- Income certificate issued by the employer or should be self-attested.
- Proof of employment issued by the Employer/Organization/Project Head/Society in case of salaried or wage employment.
- Aadhaar card.
- Proof of educational qualification or appearance of 8th standard exam (SSLC, Transfer Certificate, etc.).
- Passport-size photograph.
- Proof to establish your membership of the priority category, wherever applicable.
- Community certificate (in case of SC or ST)
- Differently-abled ID issued by the competent authority.
- Invoice quotation or Proforma Invoice of the vehicle.
The applicant must follow the following application procedure to apply for the Amma two-wheeler scheme:-
- First of all, you can also visit the official website of the scheme to download the application forms
- You can also collect it free of cost available at all Block Offices, Urban Local Body Offices, and the Collectorates.
- The direct link to download the application form is given below-
- Urban – Click Here
- Rural – Click Here
- Download the application form
- Fill in the details of the application form
- Attach all of the documents which are mentioned above
- Submit it to the respective Block Offices or Urban Local Body Offices in person or you can post it through Speed or Registered Post.
- A unique application number will be provided to you
- Keep it safe for future
After you have filled in the registration form and you are been registered at the official website of the scheme then it is important for you to fill out the subsidy form you can do so by following the steps given below:-
- First of all click on the link and download the subsidy form on your device
- Enter the application number
- Enter your personal details
- Enter the vehicle registration details and bank details
- Finally, sign the subsidy claim form
- Make sure that you get the signature of the bank manager or the finance company along with the seal or stamp.