The chief minister of the Karnataka state has provided Life insurance coverage for around 400000 gig workers. This is a very prestigious scheme that was presented in the 14th budget overall under the Congress administration. People who are E-Commerce delivery workers will benefit from the development of this prestigious program created by the Karnataka Government. The scheme was created by the concerned authorities and delivered on 7th July 2023 to provide insurance covers. The delivery people who are currently living in the Karnataka state will benefit from the development of Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme 2024 and they will be provided life insurance cover of up to rupees 400000. 2 lakhs of life insurance and accident insurance will be provided to the people who are delivery persons of any big brand.
Objective Of Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme 2024
The people who are working as delivery guys for Amazon Zomato and Flipkart receive little to no opportunities so that they can live a healthy life in Karnataka state. This opportunity which is known as the Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme 2024 will be helping people to get life and accident insurance. The beneficiaries will be able to take the life insurance of up to rupees 400000 and then they can use this life insurance if it is necessary in the case of their death or any accident that happens while delivering the goods to any other person. The scheme was created to provide a sense of security to all of the beneficiaries so that they can easily do their work without having to worry about the accidents that often happen. You can get life insurance coverage also.
Also Read: Bhagya Laxmi Scheme Karnataka
Features And Benefits
- People will be provided with the opportunity of this scheme even if they are part-time delivery boys. Every delivery person is eligible for this scheme.
- The insurance and the premium will be covered by the government of the Karnataka state for the entire year so you do not have to pay anything.
- People will be provided 4 lakh Rupees as insurance which includes 2 lakh Rupees of life insurance and Rs 2 lakh Rupees of accident insurance.
- People will be able to live their lives without having to worry about their families or what will happen to their families after they die or get into an accident in Karnataka state.
- The advantages of the insurance program are only available to residents of Karnataka.
- Both full-time and part-time gig workers who have worked for the applicant are qualified to get insurance benefits.
- Only people who are employed as delivery drivers for an online retailer are eligible i.e., Zomato, Swiggy, Flipkart, Snapdeal, and so on.
- Passport Size Photograph
- Applicant’s Aadhar Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Mobile Number
- Death Certificate (If Applicable)
- Doctor Prescription (In case of Accident)
- E-Commerce Company ID
- Bank Account Details
Also Read: Karnataka Uchita Prayana Scheme
Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme 2024 Application Process
- The applicant will first have to visit the official website of the scheme by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen
- You have to click on the Apply Now button
- The application form will open on your screen and you have to fill out the application form.
- Upload all of the documents and successfully apply for this scheme.
Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme 2024 FAQs
If you want to apply for this prestigious scheme then you will have to visit the official website and you will have to click on the apply now button that is present there.
If you want to apply for this prestigious scheme created by the Karnataka Government, you must be a delivery person in the Karnataka state and you must be working with big companies like Amazon, Zomato, Flipkart, and Swiggy.
Insurance cover will be provided to all of the people who are selected for this prestigious scheme and they will be able to live a very secure life with the insurance.
400000 will be provided as insurance to the beneficiaries out of which Rs 200000 provided for life insurance and the other two lakh Rupees will be provided for accident insurance.