How To Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence | Link Aadhar with a Driving License in Online and Offline Procedure | List of Transport Authority Websites
Aadhaar has steadily grown to become one of the most crucial documents for Indian inhabitants. Your Aadhaar Card can now be linked to your driver’s licence. To collect government subsidies under various schemes, Aadhaar is now necessary. According to media sources, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has begun to develop simple techniques for integrating Aadhaar with the driving licences of Indian people. Furthermore, you can utilise Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence. In other words, all you need is your Aadhaar number to link it to your driving licence. The obligation to link the Aadhar card to the driver’s licence would help with transparency and anti-corruption.
The entire treatment will be carried out using a computerised system. As a result, unlike manual methods, persons who pass the driving exam will receive their licence 72 hours after passing the test. The number of traffic accidents will decrease since no one can receive a licence without passing the driving exam.
About How To Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence
Following the Supreme Court’s judgement on September 26th, 2018, the verification of driving licences with Aadhar was halted. However, according to a later source, Law Minister Mr Ravi Shankar Prasad stated that Aadhar linkage with DL (Driving Licence) is critical to combat forgeries. It is reasonable to assume that aadhar and driving licence linkage will be made legal in the near future. Meanwhile, it can still be used as proof of identity and address when applying for a driver’s licence. The entire business would be brought under one roof by integrating Aadhar and a driver’s licence. The Aadhaar-based unified platform would allow authorised authorities to access and confirm licence information for any automotive owner in India. Authorized agencies can tell the difference between genuine and forged driving licences. If a person possesses multiple licences, transportation officials will be able to detect false documents and take appropriate action.
Objective of Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence
Aadhar and a driver’s licence can be linked to bringing the whole company under one roof. Thanks to the Aadhaar-based unified platform, authorised authorities will be able to access and verify the licence information for each Indian owner of a vehicle. To avoid the renewal of duplicate licences, the information will be available throughout India. The obligation to Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence would promote transparency and anti-corruption. A computerised system will be used to manage the entire process.
Key Highlights of Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence
|Launched By||Government of India|
|Name of Post||Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence|
|Department||The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways|
|Objective||To connect Aadhaar with a driver’s licence|
|Benefits||The entire process would be brought under one roof by connecting Aadhar to a driver’s licence|
|Eligibility Criteria||All residents of India|
Benefits of Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence
Linking your driver’s licence with Aadhaar card has many advantages. Here are a few of them:
- The entire process would be brought under one roof by connecting Aadhar to a driver’s licence.
- Every car owner’s licence information may be obtained and verified in India thanks to the Aadhaar-based unified platform.
- The authorised organisations will be able to tell a real driving licence from a phoney one.
- Transportation officials will be able to spot fake documents and take the necessary action if a person has several licences.
- Information about the drivers will be kept in a centralised internet database. There won’t be any duplicate licences granted because the data will be accessible throughout all of India.
- Increased transparency and anti-corruption initiatives will result from the requirement to integrate Aadhar with driving licences.
- The process will be completed entirely online. Individuals will receive their driving licence 72 hours after completing their driving test, as opposed to the manual processes.
- Because no one will be able to get a licence unless they pass the driving exam, there will be fewer accidents on the road.
- Now, a number of transportation-related tasks will be quicker and simpler.
Why is the government attempting to link Aadhaar and driving licences?
The government has found numerous instances when one person is in possession of multiple licences. Road transportation regulations prohibit someone from having more than one driver’s licence. All of the states and union territories in the nation recognise driver’s licences issued in one state. A person does not need to have several driving licences as a result. The national government plans to connect Aadhaar to driver’s licences in order to counter this menace. Because only one driver’s licence may be linked to an Aadhaar card, duplicate licences can be readily managed. The procedure hasn’t started yet, but it will when the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has completed all infrastructure and legal arrangements.
How to Link Aadhar Card To Driving License?
It should be noted that the processes for connecting Aadhaar to a driver’s licence may vary between states. It is advised to visit the state’s or UT’s transportation department website for further information on the process. By linking Aadhaar to a licence, the government aims to address the issue of bogus driving licences. Your Aadhaar contains information on your fingerprints, address verification, and cellphone number. If it is linked to a person’s driver’s licence, only one driving licence in their name will be issued.
The significance of the Aadhaar card has now overtaken that of other identification credentials. It contains a unique 12-digit identification code that was distributed by the Indian government’s UADAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). Aadhaar Cards are accepted as identification credentials for a variety of purposes, including applying for jobs and getting government benefits. With the few simple procedures listed below, you can also link your driving licence to your Aadhaar Card.
How to Link Aadhar with a Driving License in Online Mode
- Applicants first need to visit the state transport Official Website where the driver’s licence was issued’s.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- On the computer screen, click the “Link Aadhar” button.
- Look for “Aadhar Number Entry” under the menu.
- There will be a drop-down menu. Select “Driving Licence” from the menu.
- Type in your licence number.
- Select “Get Details” from the menu.
- The screen will display the driving license’s details. There will be another box underneath it.
- There will be two empty areas there for you to type “Aadhaar No.” and “Mobile No.”
- Type in the Aadhaar 12-digit number.
- Type in the cellphone number associated with your Aadhar.
- Recheck the information supplied, then submit it.
- To verify the registered mobile number, an OTP will be provided.
- On the official website of the transport departments of all states and union territories, the procedures stated above can be utilised to link an Aadhaar card with a driver’s licence.
List of Transport Authority Websites
By visiting the websites of the following organisations, people can connect their driver’s licences with their Aadhaar online: