A new scheme has been created by the government of India to provide educational opportunities among financially weaker sections of society. The name of this scheme is NMMS Scholarship. In this article today we will share with you all the important information related to the NMMS Scholarship 2023 which has been created by the government of India to reduce the literacy rate. We will share with you all the information such as objectives, eligibility criteria, important documents, benefits, and step-by-step application procedure. To know more about this scholarship you are requested to read the article carefully.
About NMMS Scholarship
The Government of India has created a new scheme with the help of the department of school education under the ministry of human Resources. The main aim of launching this scholarship is to prevent the dropout rate due to the weak financial condition. NMMS Scholarship in detail is called a national mean cum merit scholarship scheme. Under this scheme, financial help will be provided to the economically weaker section students to encourage students for further studies. Around Rs. 12,000 will be provided as financial assistance to the students of class 9th to 12th.
Objective Of National Means Cum-Merit Scholarship
As we all know there are many economically weaker sections of people who have to drop out of their children from studies due to weak financial conditions. And this creates a lot of differences between the societies. By keeping this in mind the department of school education and literacy under the ministry of human resource development has launched the National Means Cums Merit Scholarship NMMS Scheme. Under this scheme, financial assistance will be provided to children who have dropped out from class VIII to encourage them to take admitted in the secondary stage.
Details Of NMMS Scholarship
|Name of the scheme||NMMS Scholarship 2023|
|Launched by||The Government of Rajasthan|
|Implemented by||Department of school education and literacy under the ministry of human resource development|
|Objective||To financially support the meritorious students of economically weaker section for the further study|
|Benefit||The scholarship will be provided to continue their studies at the secondary level|
|Scholarship amount||Rs. 12,000 per annum|
|Mode of application||Online|
Also Read: National Scholarship Scheme
Award Under NMMS Scholarship Scheme
Every year around 1,00,000 scholarships has been distributed to the selected student at the rate of Rs. 12000 per annum I.e. Rs. 1000 per month. The scholarship amount is directly paid by the State Bank of India through the public financial management system into the bank account of selected beneficiaries. The selection of beneficiaries of each state and UT is done on the basis of student enrollment in classes 7th and 8th. Further details related to NMMS scholarship is given below
- Scholarship of amount Rs 12000 per annum will be given to the student of class 9th for an academic year after the registration on the NSP portal.
- This scholarship is renewed every year till the students have completed their higher secondary level of education.
Also Read: LIC Scholarship Online Apply
Selection Procedure Of NMMS Scholarship
The selection procedure under NMMS scholarship is dependent on the selection test which is conducted by each state and UT for their students. The test includes a mental ability test and Scholars stick aptitude test whose guidelines are set by NCERT. The maximum time to complete each test is 90 minutes while extra time will be given to the student that contains special abilities. Such type of test’s details are given below
|Mental Ability Test||Multiple-choice questions have been given to testify the reasoning ability and the critical thinking with the time of 90 minutes. These questions are based on the topic of Indology classification numerical series pattern perception, hidden figures, etc.|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test||There are 90 multiple choice questions present in the scholastic aptitude test The syllabus of this test depends on the subjects like science, social studies, and mathematics as per the class seventh and eighth standards|
Declaration Of Results Under NMMS Scholarship
If the student has appeared for the selection test, then each state declares a list of the students who have qualified for both the above exams with at least 40% off marks in each. The conditions for the selection of students are given
- Applicants must have scored at least 40% of marks in each of the test i.e. MAT and SAT
- The candidate must have scored at least 55% of the marks in the final examination of class 8th while there is 5% relaxation for SC and ST category students.
- He or she must have fulfilled all the eligibility conditions to apply under this scholarship scheme.
Schedule Of NMMS Scholarship
|Category||Start Date||End Date|
|Exam Center Selection||22-10-2019||07-11-2019|
|Map School With Exam Center||22-10-2019||07-11-2019|
|Final Submit Application Form||18-01-2021||10-02-2021|
|Applicants||Students who have enrolled themselves in class VIII|
|Minimum qualifying marks||55% for General Category 50% for Reserved Category|
|Requirements for continuing the scholarship||The candidate should have scored at least 50% marks in each final exam. The student must obtain 60% off marks in class X|
|Annual Income From All Sources||The annual income should not exceed more than Rs. 1,50,000|
|Non Eligible Students||Students who are studying in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Kendriya Vidyalaya Sainik schools are not eligible to apply under this scheme Students who are studying in schools run by the state government institution with facilities like boarding lodging and education are not eligible to apply The private school students are not eligible|
- Class seventh marksheet
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Disability certificate (if any)
Also Read: PM Scholarship Scheme
Application Procedure Under NMMS Scholarship
All the interested applicants who want to apply under NMMS Scholarship will have to follow the procedure given below
- First, you have to visit the Official Website of the National Scholarship Portal.
- The home page will appear in front of you
- On the homepage click on the option of New Registration
- A new web page will be displayed in front of you
- Here you have to tick mark all the declaration
- Now click on the Continue option
- The registration form will appear in front of you
- Here enter all the details such as
- Scholarship category
- Scheme type
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- IFSC code
- Bank account number
- Identification details
- Captcha code
- After entering all the details click on Register option
- Through this you can easily apply for NMMS Scholarship
Offline Procedure To Apply For NMMS Scholarship
- To apply from the offline mode student will have to visit the Official Website to download the form or they have to ask for the application form in their School
- After getting an application form Fill the form carefully.
- After filling in the information attach all the important documents.
- And Submit the form to the school.
- Your form will be forwarded to the Nodal Schools and one copy will be left with the school for record
- After the verification, you will get the benefit of the scholarship