NMMS Scholarship 2021 Online Application Form | NMMS Scholarship Fresh Registration | NMMS Scholarship Application Status | NMMS Scholarship Apply Online |
To award scholarships among the meritorious students of economically weaker sections so as to prevent the dropouts at class 8th the department of school education and literacy under the ministry of human resource development has implemented National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme. So today through our article we will share with you all the information related to NMMS Scholarship 2021 such as the objective of the scheme, the awards are given under this scheme, the eligibility criteria, and the important documents. Also, we will share with you all the application procedures to apply under NMMS Scholarship.
About NMMS Scholarship
The ministry of human resource development has launched a National means come merit scholarship for the students belonging to the economically weaker section so as to stop the dropouts which occur due to the weak financial condition of the people. The main aim of the NMMS Scholarship Scheme is to encourage students to study at the secondary stage. For this purpose, the student will be rewarded with Rs. 12000 per annum to study in class from 9th to 12th from state government-aided and local body schools. Only the students whose annual income from all the sources is equal to or less than Rs. 1,50,000 are eligible to avail of the benefit under this scholarship.
Details Of NMMS Scholarship
|Name of the scheme||NMMS Scholarship 2021|
|Launched by||The Government of Rajasthan|
|Implemented by||Department of school education and literacy under the ministry of human resource development|
|Objective||To financially support the meritorious students of economically weaker section for the further study|
|Benefit||The scholarship will be provided to continue their studies at the secondary level|
|Scholarship amount||Rs. 12,000 per annum|
|Mode of application||Online|
Objective Of National Means Cum-Merit Scholarship
As we all know there are many economically weaker section people who have to drop out their children from the study due to weak financial conditions. And this creates a lot of difference between the societies. By keeping this in mind the department of school education and literacy under the ministry of human resource development has launched the National Means Cums Merit Scholarship NMMS Scheme. Under this scheme, financial assistance will be provided to children who have dropped out from class VIII to encourage them to take admission in the secondary stage.
Award Under NMMS Scholarship Scheme
Every year around 1,00,000 scholarships has been distributed to the selected student at the rate of Rs. 12000 per annum I.e. Rs. 1000 per month. The scholarship amount is directly paid by the State Bank of India through the public financial management system into the bank account of selected beneficiaries. The selection of beneficiaries of each state and UT is done on the basis of student enrollment in classes 7th and 8th. Further details related to NMMS scholarship is given below
- Scholarship of amount Rs 12000 per annum will be given to the student of class 9th for an academic year after the registration on the NSP portal.
- This scholarship is renewed every year till the students have completed their higher secondary level of education.
Selection Procedure Of NMMS Scholarship
The selection procedure under NMMS scholarship is dependent on the selection test which is conducted by each state and UT for their students. The test includes a mental ability test and Scholars stick aptitude test whose guidelines are set by NCERT. The maximum time to complete each test is 90 minutes while extra time will be given to the student that contains special abilities. Such type of test’s details are given below
|Mental Ability Test||Multiple-choice questions have been given to testify the reasoning ability and the critical thinking with the time of 90 minutes. These questions are based on the topic of Indology classification numerical series pattern perception, hidden figures, etc.|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test||There are 90 multiple choice questions present in the scholastic aptitude test The syllabus of this test depends on the subjects like science, social studies, and mathematics as per the class seventh and eighth standards|
Declaration Of Results Under NMMS Scholarship
If the student has appeared for the selection test, then each state declares a list of the students who have qualified for both the above exams with at least 40% off marks in each. The conditions for the selection of students are given
- Applicants must have scored at least 40% of marks in each of the test i.e. MAT and SAT
- The candidate must have scored at least 55% of the marks in the final examination of class 8th while there is 5% relaxation for SC and ST category students.
- He or she must have fulfilled all the eligibility conditions to apply under this scholarship scheme.
Schedule Of NMMS Scholarship
|Category||Start Date||End Date|
|Exam Center Selection||22-10-2019||07-11-2019|
|Map School With Exam Center||22-10-2019||07-11-2019|
|Final Submit Application Form||18-01-2021||10-02-2021|
|Applicants||Students who have enrolled themselves in class VIII|
|Minimum qualifying marks||55% for General Category 50% for Reserved Category|
|Requirements for continuing the scholarship||The candidate should have scored at least 50% marks in each final exam. The student must obtain 60% off marks in class X|
|Annual Income From All Sources||The annual income should not exceed more than Rs. 1,50,000|
|Non Eligible Students||Students who are studying in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Kendriya Vidyalaya Sainik schools are not eligible to apply under this scheme Students who are studying in schools run by the state government institution with facilities like boarding lodging and education are not eligible to apply The private school students are not eligible|
- Class seventh marksheet
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Disability certificate (if any)
Application Procedure Under NMMS Scholarship
All the interested applicants who want to apply under NMMS Scholarship will have to follow the procedure given below
- First, you have to visit the Official Website of the National Scholarship Portal.
- The home page will appear in front of you
- On the homepage click on the option of New Registration
- A new web page will be displayed in front of you
- Here you have to tick mark all the declaration
- Now click on the Continue option
- The registration form will appear in front of you
- Here enter all the details such as
- Scholarship category
- Scheme type
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- IFSC code
- Bank account number
- Identification details
- Captcha code
- After entering all the details click on Register option
- Through this you can easily apply for NMMS Scholarship
Offline Procedure To Apply For NMMS Scholarship
- To apply from the offline mode student will have to visit the Official Website to download the form or they have to ask for the application form in their School
- After getting an application form Fill the form carefully.
- After filling in the information attach all the important documents.
- And Submit the form to the school.
- Your form will be forwarded to the Nodal Schools and one copy will be left with the school for record
- After the verification, you will get the benefit of the scholarship