Pudhumai Penn Scheme:- In Tamil Nadu, M K Stalin and Arvind Kejriwal launched a social welfare programme and model school programme. Stalin, the Chief Minister, then formally launched the Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Scheme, often known as the “Pudhumai Penn Scheme.” The programme would give young women who are enrolled in educational institutions financial aid. This programme also aims to enhance the general well-being of female students and motivate them to pursue further education. Given that 66% of children in the nation attend state-run schools, all governments are required to offer students a good, high-quality education that is free of charge. To discover more about the Pudhumai Penn Scheme, continue reading. The Puthumai Penn Scheme is discussed in the article, along with its objectives, applicability, and benefits. We will also go through this plan’s main components.
About Pudhumai Penn Scheme 2024
On September 5 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin officially opened “Pudhumai Penn.” Pudhumai Penn, the name of the programme, means “modern woman,” thus it has been preserved to remind people that the programme focuses on modern times in addition to providing financial aid. This “revolutionary strategy” will “be pathbreaking and revolutionary in the next few years because of the wisdom to concentrate on present times,” according to Pudhumai Penn. The Pudhumai Penn programme provided girls who attended state government schools from Class V to Class XII with a monthly stipend of Rs 1,000 till they received their certificate or reached graduation. The programme is a fantastic attempt by the Tamil Nadu government to support women in their pursuit of higher education.
Second Phase Of Pudhumai Penn Scheme
The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu MK Stalin had launched the Pudhumai Penn scheme to benefit girls students. Through this scheme financial assistance of Rs 1000 per month is provided to girl students who have studied classes 6th to 12th at Government schools. The government launched this scheme in September 2022. Around 1.16 lakh girls have been benefited through this scheme till now. Now the government is launching the second space of this scheme. The announcement to launch this scheme was made by the chief minister at a function organised in a Hindu college in Thiruvallur district. The second phase is going to benefit around 1.04 lakh more girls. After the implementation of this scheme around 12000 girls students have resumed their education after a break. This scheme is going to ensure a higher education enrollment ratio of 25%
Also Read: Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme
The objective of the Scheme 2024
The majority of people are in favour of improving and focusing on education because the nation’s educational system is failing. The campaign involves an emphasis on female students who require financial assistance for their education. This suggests that this initiative also aims to educate local women. The Pudhumai Penn plan is a scheme designed to help economically underprivileged families who are unable to send their daughters to college due to financial constraints. The Scheme gives female students a base sum of Rs. 1000 to assist their studies, enabling them to excel during important career times of their lives.
Read Also: Moovalur Ramamirtham Scheme
Key Highlights of Pudhumai Penn Scheme 2024
|CM of Tamilnadu
|Name of Scheme
|Pudhumai Penn Scheme 2024
|To Support women in higher education
|Rs 1000 per month.
|Class 6 to class 12 girl student
Benefits of Pudhumai Penn Scheme 2024
The benefits of the Scheme are listed below:
- Due to its emphasis on financial aid, encouraging female students to finish their education, and forbidding parents and guardians from allowing their daughters to be married at an early age, the Pudhumai Penn Scheme differs from previous schemes.
- The Puthumai Penn Scheme will usher in a new era of innovation within the next several years due to the foresight to concentrate on current circumstances.
- No matter what field they are studying, female students who are pursuing education will be given a monthly monetary incentive of Rs 1,000.
- This initiative gives young ladies more confidence because it is well-known that female students in our nation are discouraged from seeking an education.
- The budget for the programme, which aims to assist 6 lakh ladies annually, is Rs 698 crore.
- Under Pudhumai Penn, funds would be transferred right away to student bank accounts to guarantee their ability to attend class. The children and the bank will be the only parties involved in the money transfer.
- The strategy deters child marriage and gives women more control. Anything that might undermine their pride shouldn’t be tolerated.
- A total of 613 pupils received debit cards during the first round of the scheme.
- Regarding the initial phase of the programme, this will help the 6,500 or so Tiruchi district youngsters who are now enrolled in academic institutions for the arts, sciences, and engineering.
Also Read: TN Free Laptop Scheme
The following criteria must be met to be eligible for the programme:
- The candidate must be an Indian national who resides in Tamil Nadu State.
- Candidates must be enrolled in school.
- Students must be enrolled in grades 6th and 12th.
- This programme only accepts female applicants who will benefit from it.
The following is a list of the documents required for the plan:
- Voter ID or an Aadhar card.
- Residential Evidence.
- Parents’ or your guardian’s mobile number.
Application Procedure for Pudhumai Penn Scheme 2024
- The applicant must go to the program’s official website to apply.
- The website’s home page will appear on the screen.
- You must choose the Institute or College login option on the webpage.
- The screen will then show a fresh page.
- If you are already registered, enter your login information; otherwise, select the registration option.
- After successful registration complete the login steps.
- Fill out the application form with your information.
- Check the provided information and upload the necessary documents.
- Now select “Submit” from the menu.
The following criteria for Pudhumai Penn Scheme 2024 are given below:
The candidate must be an Indian national who resides in Tamil Nadu State.
Candidates must be enrolled in school.
Students must be enrolled in grades 6th and 12th.
This programme only accepts female applicants who will benefit from it.
The recipients will receive Rs- 1000 per month.
Voter ID or an Aadhar card.
Parents’ or your guardian’s mobile number