If you are a permanent resident of Punjab state then you can apply for the Punjab marriage certificate 2023 by visiting the official website created by the Punjab government in order to monitor the statistics related to married couples in the Punjab state. You can check out the specifications related to the Punjab Marriage Certificate 2023 from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the details related to the registration that you need to do in order to apply for a marriage certificate. You can check out the information related to the procedure through which you will be able to apply offline for a marriage certificate from the article provided below.
What Is Punjab Marriage Certificate 2023?
The residents can apply for the marriage certificate in the Punjab state easily through the development of the online portal that is created by the Punjab government in order to monitor the marriages that are happening in the state. People can now apply for the Punjab Marriage Certificate by following the eligibility criteria and submitting the documents that are required in order to successfully get a certificate in the Punjab state. The people can download the certificate from the official website of the organization and then it will be eligible all throughout the country if they are showing the certificate to any government official. The bride and the groom must be above the age of 18 and 21 years respectively in order to apply for the certificate.
Also Check: Punjab Ashirwad Scheme
Objective Of Punjab Certificate
The main objective of the marriage certificate is to provide the opportunity for people to download the certificate online and the opportunity to help them register their marriage without having the need to worry about the offline procedure that is happening. People can now easily download the certificate by visiting the official portal created by the Punjab state and it will save them a lot of time in the long run. A marriage certificate is needed in order to obtain various other documents that are essential in order to live a life abroad or even in India you need a marriage certificate in order to get your ration card or in order to add your respective half to the ration card. You can now get the electronic Punjab marriage certificate by visiting the official website created by the Punjab government.
Features Of Punjab Marriage Certificate
The applicant will be provided with the following features if they are applying for the certificate:-
- The married couples will have to obtain their marriage certificate by visiting the official website of the organisation or visiting their nearest municipality office.
- You can register yourself under the Special Marriage Act if you are from different religions and in the normal Marriage Act if you belong to the same relation.
- The marriage certificate is very important to be obtained by the municipality office because then only you will be recognised as a married couple.
- The government of Punjab has launched a separate portal that will help people to monitor the status of their certificate and it could also help them to apply for a certificate accordingly.
- By downloading the official marriage certificate offline you will be able to save a lot of time and you will be able to register yourself accordingly.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for the certificate successfully:-
- The age of the groom should be 21 years or more
- The bride should be 18 years or more
- The bride or groom both or any one of them should be a permanent resident of the Punjab state
- The registration for marriage has done after one month of marriage
- If the bride or groom is a divorcee then it is mandatory to produce a divorce certificate
- It is compulsory to produce the death certificate of the husband or wife in case of remarriage
The following documents requires in order to successfully get the certificate:-
- Copy of self-declaration
- Birth proof for both the husband and the wife including birth certificate, school matriculation certificate and so on.
- Copy of ration card or voter ID card for the purpose of identification
- Three witnesses and their related identification proof along with address proof
- Passport Size Photo of groom and bride
- The combined photo of the couple at the time of marriage
- Family group photo of the couple taken at the time of marriage
- Self-declaration of both the husband and wife
- In the vent of the special marriage act the identical copy of the guardians.
Also check: Punjab Sanitary Pads Scheme
Punjab Marriage Certificate 2023 Application Procedure Offline
If you want to submit your application for the Punjab marriage certificate offline then you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The bride and the groom will have to visit the municipality office.
- The applicants will have to obtain the application form for the certificate from the municipality office.
- You have to fill out the application form and then attach the required documents.
- You have to submit the application form to the same municipality office and you will be able to get your marriage certificate.
Application Procedure Online
If you want to submit your application for the Punjab marriage certificate online then you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the official website of the scheme by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen
- You have to click on the link called Punjab marriage certificate
- The application form will open on your screen
- Enter all of the details related to yourself and then you will have to upload other documents supporting your claims
- Click on the submit button to successfully apply for the Punjab marriage certificate.
Punjab Marriage Certificate FAQs
You will first have to visit the official website of the Punjab government and then you can apply for the Punjab marriage certificate online.
The candidates will have to visit the official municipality office in order to file the application for a marriage certificate.
The applicant will have to submit their date of birth proof and other identification proof in order to apply for the marriage certificate.
The applicants will have to submit their Aadhar Card and other identification proof in order to apply for the Punjab marriage certificate 2023.
You can visit the official website of the Punjab marriage certificate and click on the activated link to download your Certificate online by entering your application number.