The Right To Education (RTE) Act was passed in India in 2009 and after its implementation, India became among the 135 nations where every child has the fundamental right to an education. But still, in 2023 many students are unaware of their right of receiving education due to the financial condition of their families. The RTE is introduced RTE Assam Admission 2023-24 for the students who are financially weak, belong to lower family background, or are physically disabled. The Assam government will offer totally free of cost and compulsory education for all the students of the state. The students who are willing to apply for RTE Assam Admission 2023-24, then you should apply for the admission scheme. The application form will be released on the official website of the Department of Education, Government of Assam.
What Is RTE Assam Admission 2023-24?
All the children from Assam who can’t afford school education due to the unstable financial condition of their family, belong to a backward class or are physically disabled, there is good news for them, the RTE Assam Admission is taking the responsibility for your education for free of cost and compulsory from class 1st to 8th standard in government or private school of the state. According to RTE (Right to Education), every student under the age of 6 to 14 is legitimately and legally entitled to get a basic primary education. Under RTE Admission guidelines 25% of the seats are reserved for students from the economically disadvantaged part of Assam. Education is not only for the ones who are financially strong, it is for every single individual in our country and no one has a right to dethrone your educational right.
Objective of RTE Assam Admission
The meritorious students who belong to the economically weaker background of Assam will get an opportunity to join the school to study from class 1st to 8th standard free of cost and compulsory. It is a great relief for such students, who are willing to join schools but their financial condition doesn’t allow them to do so. Under this RTE Assam Admission, 25% of seats are reserved for EWS category students. This step will encourage students to make their life better and increase the literacy rate of Assam.
Key Highlights of RTE Assam Admission
|Implemented By||Department of Education, Government of Assam|
|Name of Scheme||To offer the right to education facilities to all the that all children of Assam|
|Objective||Students of Assam from the EWS category|
|Benefits||Free of cost education from 1st to 8th standard|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students of Assam from EWS category|
|Beneficiaries||Students of Assam from the EWS category|
|Official Website||RTE Website Admission|
Benefits and Features of RTE Assam Admission
Students from Assam who want to apply for this admission scheme will be able to receive the following advantages:
- The Students from Assam who belong to the Economically Weaker Section of the state, backward community, or are physically disabled will be able to apply for RTE Assam admission in government and private schools of the state.
- Selected students can appear under 1st to 8th standard and get free of cost education and compulsory education.
- They don’t need to pay their school fees whether in government schools or private schools of state.
- The students get 25% of seats reserved under the RTE Assam Admission for session 2023-24.
- Parents who want to apply can do so by visiting the official website.
- In order to apply for this scheme, parents are not required to visit the school or any government offices.
- This scheme will raise employment and literacy rates in the state by providing free education.
- The literacy rate of the state will increase and the quality of life.
- The admission process for RTE Assam Admission 2023-24 started in the Month of May 2023.
Also Check: Shiksha Setu Axom Portal
Students need to fulfill the following criteria before applying under the scheme:
- The students must be permanent residents of Assam.
- The age of the student must be between 6 to 14 years.
- Students must take admission in class 1st to 8th standard.
- They belong to the EWS\SC\ST\OBC\Specially disabled category.
- The annual family income of applicants should not be more than Rs. 1.5 lakh.
- Caste certificate
- Childbirth certificate
- Passport size photo
- Parents income certificate
- Disability certificate
- Aadhar card
- Residence proof
Application Procedure for RTE 2023-24
Students need to follow the instructions given below to fill the application form:
- Applicants first need to visit the RTE Admission website of the Department of Education, Government of Assam.
- The homepage of the portal will appear on your screen, here you have to Click on the Registration button.
- Now the application form will appear on your screen, enter the following information:
- Select District
- Rural area
- Urban area
- Applicants name
- Aadhar number
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Email id
- PIN Code
- Contact details
- Caste, etc.
- After filling in all these details, you have to upload the necessary information.
- Now you have to select your nearby schools from the provided list.
- You can choose multiple options of schools from the list.
- After completing all these steps you have to click on the submit button to complete the process.
The selection of students will be done on the basis of a lottery system, which is done by the Department of Education, Government of Assam. The selected students will get an email or SMS for information. Now students need to visit their school and submit other remaining documents to complete the process.
- Name: Dr. Bijoya Choudhury, ACS
- Designation: Secretary to the Govt. of Assam
- Assam Secretariat, Block ‘D’,
- 2nd Floor, Dispur, Guwahati-781006, Assam
RTE Assam Admission 2023-24 FAQs
The students of Assam who belong to the Economically Weaker Section of the state, backward community, or are physically disabled will be able to apply for RTE Assam admission in government and private schools of the state.
The meritorious students who belong to the economically weaker background of Assam will get an opportunity to join the school to study from class 1st to 8th standard free of cost and compulsory.
There are no admission fees for this scheme, all the payments are provided by the government of Assam.