WB Nijashree Housing Scheme 2023 is an initiative of the Housing Department, Government of West Bengal. This scheme has been started to provide houses to the poor people of the state. This scheme has been started for low-income and middle-income groups people. Interested candidates must apply to get the scheme benefits after collecting the application from the national banks. You can accumulate all the WB Nijashree Housing Scheme 2023-related details from this article including apply process, eligibility criteria, flat specifications, documents to submit, and more.
About WB Nijashree Housing Scheme
Housing Department, Government of West Bengal has introduced WB Nijashree Housing Scheme to fulfill the basic need of shelter of the people. Under this scheme, the government is going to build 1BHK and 2BHK flats for the LIG and MIG on public land belonging to the state government, local bodies, and parastatals. These houses will allot to the people of the state on the basis of a lottery system to the eligible beneficiaries. Application for the first two phases has been already invited and allotment of houses has also been done. Now the third phase allotment of houses/ flats is going to process by the authorities.
Also Read: Affordable Rental Housing Scheme
Highlights Of The Article
- Name of the scheme: WB Nijashree Housing Scheme
- Launched by: Housing Department, Government of West Bengal
- Launched for: LIG & MIG people of the state
- Mode of application: offline
- Official site: www.wbhousing.gov.in
Silent Features Of The Scheme
- 1BHK flat is going to build on an area of 35.15 Sqmeters for LIG.
- 2BHK flat is going to build on an area of 50.96Sq meters for MIG.
- The unit cost of the flat will determine by the actual cost of construction.
- Cost of land shall not be taken into account while computing unit cost.
- Credit-linked subsidy will be given by the housing department to the eligible beneficiary
- The applicant’s family monthly income should not be more than Rs. 15000/- for the Low Income Group.
- The applicant’s family monthly income should not be more than Rs. 30000/- for the Middle Income Group.
- Applicant must not own any pucca house/ flat on his/ her name or in the name of any family member.
- An Applicant should be from the same district where the site is located.
- An Income certificate should be issued by SDO/ BDO or by the employer or any other competent authority.
- Income Certificate (in original)
- Affidavit / Declaration (Original)
- Voter Card (copy)
- Ration Card (copy)
- Aadhaar Card (Copy)
- PAN Card (copy)
- Recent passport size photograph
|Instalment||Due date||Price Percentage|
|1st||Within 45 days from the date of allotment||10% of the Actual cost|
|2nd||Roof casting of the ground floor and within 30 days from the issuance of demand letter||20% of the Actual cost|
|3rd||Roof casting of 1st floor and within 30 days from the issuance of demand letter||20% of the Actual cost|
|4th||Roof casting of 2nd floor and within 30 days from the issuance of demand letter||20% of the Actual cost|
|5th||Roof casting of 3rd floor and within 30 days from the issuance of demand letter||20% of the Actual cost|
|6th||Before possession||10% of the Actual cost|
Terms And Conditions
- Application money will be returned to the unsuccessful candidates within 30 days after the issuance of the allotment letter.
- No processing fee will be charged.
- The amount will be directly transferred to the escrow account opened by the housing department for each project.
- Applicants should be inhabitants of the same district where the project is to be implemented.
- In case of a delay in making payment of any installment more than 6 months from the due date, the district manager reserves the right to cancel the allotment.
- At the time of issuance of the allotment letter, the date of completion of the project and handover of flat will be intimated.
Also Read: Credit Linked Subsidy (CLSS) Scheme
Selection of the applicant will be made on the basis of the transparent lottery in the respective district/ subdivision.
- To apply for the WB Nijashree Housing Scheme, you have to go to the official website of the Housing Department, Government of West Bengal
- From the home page choose the Nijashree option available on the left-hand side
- A new page will open where you can check the significant details or read this article carefully
- You have to collect the application form from the specific national bank/ other banks
- Fill out the application form carefully and enter all the information in it
- Attach the significant documents listed above with the form
- Submit the form to the same bank from where you have collected the form.
List of Banks
You can accumulate the application form from any of the following banks and branches
- United Bank of India
- State Bank of India
Sites and Location of the Project
- 1st Phase
- Haldia, Purba Medinipur
- Siliguri Dabgram, Jalpaiguri.
- 2nd phase
- Coochbehar Town
- Medinipur Town
- Ashoke Nagar,North 24 Parganas
- 3rd phase
- Bankura Town
- Bishnupur Town
- Kalyani, Nadia
NijashreeAwas Yojana – Flats Price & Specifications
|Type of Flats||Prices of Flats||Carpet Area of Flats|
|1 BHK (1 Bedroom, Hall & Kitchen)||Rs. 7.82 lakh||378 sq.ft|
|2 BHK (2 Bedroom, Hall & Kitchen)||Rs. 9.26 lakh||559 sq.ft|