Karnataka Marriage Certificate:- A marriage certificate is a very important document. It is basically proof of marriage that is provided to the couples. The supreme court of India has made marriage registration mandatory to protect the rights of women. The Government of Karnataka has launched an official website in order to issue Karnataka marriage certificates. Now citizens of Karnataka are not required to visit any government offices in order to make their marriage certificate 2024. This article will cover complete details regarding Karnataka Marriage Certificate 2024. You will get to know how you will be able to apply under this scheme. Other than that you will also get to know its objective, benefits, features, etc.
About Karnataka Marriage Certificate 2024
The Government of Karnataka has launched a website called Kaveri online services. Through this website, citizens of the state can apply for marriage certificates. Now citizens are not required to visit any government offices in order to apply for a Karnataka marriage certificate. This can be done online from the comfort of the home with the help of an official website. This will save a lot of time and money and will also bring transparency to the system. A marriage certificate is a mandatory document that protects the rights of women. Other than that marriage certificate is also used as an important document in availing the benefit of various government schemes.
Also Read: Kaveri Online Services
Objective Of Karnataka Marriage Certificate
- The main objective of the Karnataka marriage certificate is to protect the rights of the women
- It is a mandatory document that is used to take benefit of various government schemes
- Other than that marriage certificate also protects the rights of the women
- Now citizens of Karnataka are not required to visit any government offices in order to register their marriage
- As this can be done online from the comfort of home with the help of the official website
- This will save a lot of time and money and will also bring transfer and see in the system
Key Highlights Karnataka Marriage Certificate
|Name of the scheme||Karnataka marriage certificate|
|Launched by||Government of Karnataka|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Karnataka|
|Objective||To provide facility of applying for marriage certificate online|
|Mode of application||Online|
Marriage Certificate Fees
- The certification cost for a marriage registration certificate is 10 rupees and the application fee cost is 5 rupees under the Hindu Marriage Act
- Under the Special Marriage Act the solemnization fee is 10 rupees and additional fees of 15 rupees will be charged if the celebration takes place somewhere other than the sub-registrar office
- 2 rupees are required to be paid in order to get a verified copy of the marriage certificate
- Under the Parsi Marriage Act candidates are required to pay 2 rupees for 35 copy
Also Read: Karnataka Arundhati Scheme
Eligibility Of Karnataka Marriage Certificate
- The couple should be residents of Karnataka
- The age of bride must be at least 18 years
- The age of groom must be at least 21 years
Required Documents To Apply for Karnataka Marriage Certificate
- illed Application Formsuitably signed by the bride & groom.
- The publication where news of the bride’s name switch is declared.
- Wedding Card (Original Card)
- Bride and Groom two passport-sized photos.
- Couple ID Proof
- Bride and Groom Resident Proof such as Voter ID, Passport, Driving License, Bill of Telephone, Electricity Bill, etc. Make sure that in the address proof, the name of the aspirant should be present.
- Groom and bride age proof, for example- 10th class scorecard or their passport.
- Two photos of the groom and bride in their marriage outfit and are present in the marriage ceremony (with families).
- Aadhaar card of the Bride and Groom
- Six pictures of the Bride and groom together in size of 2B.
- Bride and Groom individual marriage affidavits submitted in the directed format.
- In case the bride changes her name after marriage, then an affidavit is needed.
Procedure To Apply Karnataka Marriage Certificate Online
- First of all, go to the official website of the Karnataka marriage certificate
- The homepage will appear on your screen
- On the homepage, you are required to click on Register
- A new page will appear on your screen
- On this page, you have to enter your personal details contact details, etc
- After that, you have to click on the register
- Now you have to log in on the portal
- After that, you have to click on Apply for marriage registration
- Now a form will appear on your screen
- In this form, you have to enter the required details
- After that you have to upload all the required documents
- Now you have to click on submit
- By following this procedure you can apply for Karnataka marriage certificate online
Procedure to search for marriage office
- First of all, you have to click on the link provided here
- A new page will appear on your screen
- On this page you have to bride residence details, the groom’s residence details, and the marriage details
- After that, you have to click on the search
- Required information will be on your computer screen
login on the portal
- To login on the portal you have to go to the login section present on the homepage
- After that, you have to enter your username and password
- Now you have to click on the login
- By following this procedure you can log in to the portal
Procedure for applying for Karnataka marriage certificate offline
- First of all, you have to go to the marriage registration office
- Now you have to ask for an application form from there
- Now you have to fill in all the required details in this application form
- After that, you have to attach all the required documents
- Now you have to submit this form in the same office
- By following this procedure you can apply for a marriage certificate offline
The Government of Karnataka has launched to this scheme. Through this theme, beneficiaries can apply for a marriage certificate online
Yes, beneficiaries can apply for marriage certificates offline as well. This can be done through the marriage registrar office
In case of facing any kind of challenges beneficiaries can contact the nearest marriage registration office. Business can also be launched online
Yes it is mandatory for everyone to get a marriage certificate. Marriage certificate acts as an important document in getting benefit of various schemes