The state government of Gujarat had launched a scheme a very long time ago for the daughters of its state. This scheme was particularly created for the benefit of the daughters who belonged to a poor family. The Gujarati government introduced the Kuvarbai Nu Mameru Yojana as a welfare program in 2016. The scheme’s goal is to give economically backward groups of people financial support so they can pay for their daughter’s wedding. Kuvarbai Nu Mameru Yojana is especially helpful to low-income families who cannot afford expensive weddings. We shall go over the numerous facts, eligibility requirements, advantages, and social impacts of this scheme in this article.
Overview of Kuvarbai Nu Mameru Yojana
As we all know women are the founding stones of a society, and they need to be nourished and protected at all costs. So, for the benefit of girls from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in the state of Gujarat, the government has launched the Kuvarbai Nu Mameru Yojana. The Ministry of Women and Child Development and the Gujarat State Government have launched a scheme that provides benefits to Gujarati girls at the time of their marriage. Every ST and SC girl in the state receives financial assistance from the Women and Child Development Department at the time of her marriage under this scheme.
Also Read: Vahli Dikri Yojana
Objective of Kuvarbai Nu Mameru Yojana
The main and primary objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to families who are backward class. This scheme provides financial help for the daughters and their families so they can marry them off. As it is obvious, they cannot have a decent marriage for their daughters. In order to avoid underage weddings, it has motivated the parents to wait until their daughters are 18 before marrying them. A lot of households in Gujarat now have better financial conditions all thanks to this scheme. The Kuvarbai Nu Mameru Yojana has helped families save money so they may invest in things like education and healthcare by helping them pay for their daughter’s wedding.
Key Highlights of Kuvarbai Nu Mameru Yojana
|Scheme name||Kuvarbai Nu Mameru Yojana|
|Launched by||State government of Gujarat|
|Objective||To provide financial assistance to women for getting married and educational purposes.|
|Beneficiaries||Girls in Gujarat|
|Application mode||Both online and offline|
The eligibility criteria for this scheme are as follows;
- The daughter should be 18 or above 18 years of age.
- The family should not be more than Rs. 1,20,000 for rural areas annually and
- Rs. 1,50,000 for urban areas as the annual income.
- The benefits of this scheme can be received by only one girl per family.
- They should belong to a SC or ST.
Also Read: Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Yojana
Benefits of Kuvarbai Nu Mameru Yojana
- The Yojana program offers eligible families a one-time cash aid of Rs. 10,000 to help with wedding expenditures for their daughter.
- The bride’s family receives this support in the form of a check.
- More than 60,000 families in Gujarat have benefited financially from the program, allowing them to host their daughter’s wedding without having to worry about paying for it.
- Assistance of Rs 12,000 is provided to Gujarati women who marry after April 1, 2021.
The complete list of documents needed to apply for the Kuvar Bai Nu Mameru Yojana is provided below.
- Voter ID card or an Aadhar card as identification.
- To apply, a caste certificate is required.
- proof of the applicant’s family’s income.
- Gujarat state proof of permanent residency.
- cancelled checks or the applicant’s wallet.
- passport-size photos of the applicant.
- Invitation to the girl’s wedding on the card.
- Age documentation for the bride-to-be.
- At the moment of marriage, the age requirement is 18.
- This program is only for females.
- Only females who are SC or ST are eligible to benefit from the Kuvarbai Nu Mameru Yojana. T
- The applicant’s family’s annual income must be less than Rs. 1.20 lakh.
Download Kuvarbai Nu Mameru Yojana Application form 2023
- Visit the portal’s official website or go to the WCD department office that is the closest to you.
- Download the application form from this page.
- You can also request the Kuvarbai Nu Mameru Scheme application form if you visit the WCD department office.
- Fill in the form completely.
- The required documents should be uploaded or attached to your form.
- simply send it to the office of the same department. Alternatively, if you completed the form, click the submit button.
- You can complete your online application for the Kuvarbai Nu Mameru Scheme in this manner.
Kuvarbai Nu Mameru Yojana is a welfare scheme for the girls who live in Gujarat. This scheme will assist them financially with their marriage and help them to get educated also. This scheme has saved many girls from child marriage.
Only girls who belong to financially weaker families are eligible for this scheme. These girls should belong to a SC or ST group to receive the benefits of this scheme. Also, they should be 18 or above 18 years of age.
The government will be Giving checks for Rs. 10,000/- in the applicant’s favor at the time of their marriage to unmarried girls and families belonging to scheduled tribes and scheduled castes.
This scheme was launched by the state government of Gujarat in the year 2016. For the welfare and benefit of the girls in Gujarat to help them financially for leading a better married life.