Kerala Housing Board Scheme 2024 was created by the Kerala State Housing Board. This is a government organization. It helps in directing and planning various housing initiatives in Kerala. The scheme will offer proper opportunities to help the people who do not have access to housing opportunities in Kerala state. The people will be able to apply for houses through the development of this system and they will be provided the houses in just a matter of a few days. People who belong to the economically backward section of society can apply for this scheme if they do not have a proper house under their name.
People who are coming from the economically backward section of society do not live in their own houses so they often are living on rents that are very difficult to accommodate. The board provides loans at affordable interest rates so that people can apply for various houses available in Karnataka state. You can construct a house or even buy a house through the development of these loans.
About Kerala Housing Board Scheme 2024
The Kerala Housing Board is a government agency presented by the Kerala government. It was established under the Kerala State Housing Board Act 19 of 1971. According to the act, it is necessary to execute Housing Development and loan projects so that people coming from the economically backward section of society can get houses and live in those houses. People can apply for loans if they want to construct a new house through the development of this scheme and they can apply for a loan even if they want to buy a new house through the development of this scheme. Loans will be available at very low rates. People will be able to buy houses after taking a loan from the organization. Repayment options will also be very flexible. People can visit the official website to look more at the available loans.
Also Check: PMAY Housing Status
Overview of the Types Of Housing Available Under The Scheme
The Kerala Housing Board Scheme provides various types of housing options for eligible applicants. These include:
- EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Housing: The scheme provides housing for those belonging to the EWS category who have an annual income of up to Rs. 3 lakhs.
- LIG (Low Income Group) Housing: The scheme provides housing for those belonging to the LIG category who have an annual income of up to Rs. 6 lakhs.
- MIG (Middle Income Group) Housing: The scheme provides housing for those belonging to the MIG category who have an annual income of up to Rs. 18 lakhs.
- HIG (High Income Group) Housing: The scheme provides housing for those belonging to the HIG category who have an annual income of more than Rs. 18 lakhs.
Benefits of the Kerala Housing Board Scheme
The following benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for this scheme:
- The scheme provides affordable housing options to people in Kerala
- The Kerala Housing Board offers loans to eligible applicants, making it easier for them to finance the purchase or construction of a home
- The scheme aims to provide safe and secure housing to all residents of Kerala, regardless of their financial status or background
- The application process for the scheme is simple and can be done online through the official website of the Kerala Housing Board
- The scheme helps to promote the development of the housing sector in Kerala, which in turn can lead to economic growth and job creation
Also Check: PMAY Housing List
To qualify for the Kerala Housing Scheme, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Residency in Kerala is required.
- Identity documents, such as the Aadhaar Card, must be submitted by applicants.
- Applicants must present bank account details and passbook statements.
- Applicants must hold ration cards that list them under BPL/APL categories.
- Ownership of any land or property within the state of Kerala is not allowed.
The applicant must go through the following selection procedure to get selected for this prestigious opportunity:
- Once the application deadline is over, the Kerala Housing Board will scrutinize all the received applications.
- The Board will then prepare a list of eligible applicants who meet all the criteria.
- This list will be made available on the official website of the Kerala Housing Board.
- Eligible applicants will then be called for an interview, and their documents will be verified.
- The final selection will be based on various factors such as income, family size, employment status, and the availability of funds.
- Once the selection process is complete, the Kerala Housing Board will notify the selected candidates via email or post.
- The selected applicants will then be asked to complete the necessary formalities, including the payment of any required fees before they can take possession of their new homes.
The following documents are required to successfully apply for the scheme:
- Applicant Identity Card
- Address Proof
- Applicant’s Annual Income of Family
- Ration card depicting category of APL, BPL, etc
- Mobile Number
- Applicant’s Salary slip
Kerala Housing Board Scheme Registration Process 2023
Here are the steps to apply for the Housing Board Scheme:
- Visit the official website of the Kerala Housing Board Scheme
- The homepage of the website will be displayed on the screen
- Click on the Grihasree Housing Project link
- The application form will appear on the screen
- Fill in the form with all the necessary details
- Upload all the required documents
- Submit the application form to the concerned department
You must follow the following procedure to successfully log in to the official website:
- Visit the official website of the Kerala Housing Board.
- The homepage of the website will be displayed on the screen
- Click on the Login link
- The Dialogue box will open on your screen where you will have to enter your username and password and click on the login option to log in successfully.
- Kerala State Housing Board
- Santhinagar, Thiruvananthapuram
- Kerala – 695001, India
- 0471-2333235, 2337137
Kerala Housing Board Scheme 2023 FAQs
The Kerala Housing Board Scheme is a housing initiative by the Kerala government to provide affordable housing to residents of Kerala who are economically disadvantaged.
Applicants must be residents of Kerala and not own any land or property within the boundaries of Kerala. They must provide identity documents such as an Aadhaar card, bank account and passbook statements, and ration cards that list them under BPL/APL categories.
Applicants can apply for the Kerala Housing Board Scheme by visiting the official website of the Kerala Housing Board filling out the application form with all the required details and uploading the required documents.
The Kerala Housing Board Scheme offers a range of housing options, including apartments, houses, and flats, to suit the varying needs of applicants.
The Kerala Housing Board Scheme provides affordable housing to economically disadvantaged residents of Kerala, helping to improve their quality of life and contribute to the development of the state’s economy. It also promotes social welfare by ensuring that everyone has access to safe and decent housing.