The Finance Department of the Government of West Bengal has launched the WB Health Scheme, which offers various medical benefits to the beneficiaries and is intended for government employees and pensioners. The West Bengal Health Scheme (2008), the state government’s health insurance programme, was merged on September 15, 2014, with the new West Bengal cashless medical treatment programme. A medical unit established within the West Bengal government’s finance department is in charge of running the West Bengal Health Scheme Hospital List. One of the most crucial and fundamental sectors is healthcare, which, if neglected, can cause a sharp slowdown in the growth rate of human resources, with women and children suffering the majority of the effects. The West Bengal government has made great strides in the fields of development and healthcare.
About West Bengal Health Scheme Hospital List 2023
The West Bengal healthcare programme offers Cashless Treatment and seeks to provide the finest assistance in the area of medical and health care to state government employees and pensioners. Pre- and post-hospitalization costs are paid for up to 30 days for people who are on the current WBHS Hospital List 2023. However, the benefit is only available at approved package costs, which are capped at Rs. 1 lakh. If the treatment is provided in a non-empanelled hospital, the approved cost or the actual amount paid is reduced by 60% (80% if the number of beds exceeds 80). Beneficiaries will be reimbursed for any indoor treatment that exceeds one lakh through a DDO/PSA claim. All current West Bengal Health Scheme members will continue to receive benefits in accordance with their original policy schedule.
Also Read: Swasthya Sathi Scheme
Objective of West Bengal Health Scheme Hospital List 2023
The West Bengal healthcare scheme offers Cashless Treatment and seeks to provide the finest assistance in the area of medical and health care to state government employees and pensioners. Pre- and post-hospitalization costs are paid for up to 30 days for people who are on the current WBHS Hospital List 2023.
Key Highlights of West Bengal Health Scheme Hospital List 2023
|Launched By||Government of West Bengal|
|Name of Scheme||West Bengal Health Scheme Hospital List 2023|
|Objective||To provide cashless treatment|
|Benefits||Beneficiaries are eligible for cashless medical treatment at any West Bengal Health Scheme hospital|
|Eligibility Criteria||WB State Government employees, pensioners, and their families|
Also Read: Ayushman CAPF Healthcare Scheme
Benefits of West Bengal Health Scheme Hospital List 2023
The WB Health Scheme offers coverage for more than 1000 medical treatments. The range of coverage for various therapies has displayed in the table below.
|Type of Treatment||Number of Days Covered|
|Normal deliveries and endoscopic or laparoscopic surgeries||3 – 4 days|
|Specialised surgeries||Up to 12 days|
|Major surgeries||7 – 8 days|
|OPD and minor surgeries||1 day|
Benefits for IFS Officers
IFS officers and their families are eligible for WBHS if they fulfil the following requirements:
- After that, enrollment is voluntary.
- IFS officers would be under the supervision of the Department of Forests.
- They might benefit from the 1954 All India Services Rules.
- The WB Health Scheme is not open to officers who are enrolled in the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS).
Benefits for IAS Officers
Benefits for If an IAS officer and their family meet the requirements listed below, they are eligible for the West Bengal Health Scheme.
- Enrollment at WBHS is optional.
- IAS officers and their families would be under the administrative jurisdiction of the Personnel and Administrative Reforms Department.
- The All India Services Rules, 1954 specify that IAS officers and their families are eligible for a number of perks.
- They shouldn’t be qualified for healthcare benefits under the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS).
Features for WB Health Scheme Hospital List
- Beneficiaries of the programme would receive cashless medical care at participating hospitals up to Rs. 1 lakh per room.
- 60% (80% where there are more than 80 beds) of the approved cost or the actual amount spent, whichever is less, will be covered if the treatment is received in a hospital that is not on the panel.
- On the basis of a claim to DDO/PSA, beneficiaries would receive reimbursement for any indoor treatment that costs more than one lakh.
- Benefits will continue to be provided to all current West Bengal Health Scheme participants according to their original policy schedule.
- This policy is being implemented with the aid of a Government Authorised Agency (GAA) that has been given the go-ahead to manage the programme.
- Beneficiaries would also be reimbursed for OPD treatment expenses paid over a 30-day period for the same condition as indoor therapy.
- Additionally, OPD therapy for some selected disorders will be reimbursed.
- Beneficiaries will also be reimbursed for specific costs associated with follow-up care. the price of medical care at specific specialty hospitals outside the state.
Hospital List for Conditions Covered by Health Scheme
West Bengal Health Scheme covers a wide range of ailments. A few OPD treatment conditions that cover under the scheme are as follows:-
- Insulin-Dependent Diabetes (Type-2 Diabetic Melitas does not fall under insulin-dependent diabetes)
- Malignant Diseases
- Thalassaemia/Bleeding Disorders/Platelet Disorders
- Injuries caused by accidents
- Treatments to Cure Animal Bites
- Renal Failure
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Crohn’s Disease
- Neurological Disorder/Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Malignant Malaria
- Hepatitis B/C and other Liver Diseases
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Endodontic Treatment (Root Canal Treatment)
- Employees of the WB State Government, their dependents (who meet the requirements), state government pensioners, and their families are eligible to use the program’s benefits.
- The benefits of this WB healthcare programme are also deemed to be enjoyed by beneficiaries who have selected the medical allowance.
- These advantages and amenities are available to West Bengal service officers and pensioners.
- This health plan offers coverage for the employee’s family, dependent parents, and siblings in addition to cashless medical care.
Check out the West Bengal Health Scheme Hospitals on the Empanelled List
- First, beneficiaries need to visit the Scheme’s official website.
- On the screen, the homepage will show.
- Go to the hospital option on the webpage now, and then click the Empanelled list.
- The screen will then show a fresh page.
- A list of hospitals in various categories will show on this page.
- Get more information by clicking on the category of your choice.
- Medical Cell, Finance Department, Govt of West Bengal
- Govt Offices and Hospitals: email@example.com (Guidelines/Non-Technical)
- Government Offices: firstname.lastname@example.org (Technical)
- All Hospitals: email@example.com (Technical)
- Helpline Number: 1800-102-8014 (Toll-Free)
Health Scheme Hospital List FAQs
The Finance Department of the Government of West Bengal launched this health scheme for government employees and pensioners.
Beneficiaries of the scheme will receive cashless indoor treatment up to Rs 1,000,000 (one lakh) in empanelled hospitals per indoor.
For any technical questions, call (033) 2254-4123 / 4034 between 10.30 a.m. and 5.30 p.m., or call the toll-free number 1800-102-8014 at any time. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you need assistance.