Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana 2024 is presented by the government of Odisha state in order to provide housing facilities. Housing facilities will be provided to people who are currently living in rural areas. Permanent housing facilities will be provided so that the houses can be constructed in Odisha state. Housing facilities will be provided to construction workers in rural areas who are registered with the Odisha building and other construction worker welfare boards. Beneficiaries will be provided Pucca Ghar under the scheme presented by the Odisha Government with a unit cost of Rs 120,000 for non-IAP districts and Rs 130,000 for IAP districts for new house construction. Beneficiaries will receive a wage component of 90 person-days and 95 person-days in non-IAP and IAP districts, respectively.
Significance of Affordable Housing for Workers and Laborers
Affordable housing will be provided to the people who are working in construction in Odisha state but do not have proper opportunities for housing for themselves. People who belong to rural areas will be provided opportunities so that they can continue living in good houses because sometimes they do not have opportunities to live in a good environment. Incentives will be provided so that affordable housing can be provided to the people belonging to rural areas. Proper unit cost will be provided according to the category of the beneficiaries and there will be numerous housing options within the budget created by the Odisha Government. Affordable housing will be able to help people to raise their social status. There will be less exploitation of workers who are working in rural areas.
Also Check: Odisha Biju Pakka Ghar Yojana
Objective of Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana 2024
The following objectives will fulfilled through the development of this housing scheme presented by the organisation:
- The primary objective of the Yojana is to provide pucca houses to building and construction workers in rural areas.
- Only those workers who are registered with the Odisha Building and other construction workers welfare boards are eligible for this scheme.
- This scheme aims to provide a basic requirement for human survival, i.e., a permanent and safe place to live in.
- The beneficiaries of this scheme can expect an improved standard of living.
- By providing independent and permanent housing, this scheme can help beneficiaries achieve self-reliance.
- The yojana enables beneficiaries to lead a decent life in their own homes built under this scheme.
- To be eligible for the Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana, the applicant must be a permanent resident of Odisha.
- The applicant must also be a building and construction worker.
- The applicant should not currently own a pucca house.
- Additionally, the applicant must register under the Odisha building and other construction worker welfare boards.
- Lastly, the applicant should not have already availed of the benefits of any other housing scheme.
Also Check: Odisha Labour Card List
The following documents require in order to successfully apply for the housing scheme:
- Aadhar Card
- Ration card
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Residence certificate
- Income certificate
- Proof of age
- No objection certificate etc
Benefits of Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana
The following benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for this prestigious scheme:
- The funding for Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana comes from the Odisha building and other construction workers welfare board.
- The board decides the budgetary outlay for the scheme every year, which may change over time.
- The housing unit will preferably register in the name of the female head of the household.
- Contractors are not allow to be involve in the construction of houses under this scheme.
- The funds for the scheme will directly transfer to the beneficiary’s account.
- The minimum carpet area of the house will be 25 square meters, including a dedicated space for hygienic cooking and excluding the toilet.
- The roof of the house must be with RCC or any other equivalent material.
- The department is also encouraging innovation in housing typology, design, building materials, and construction methods.
Implementation of Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana
The applicant will have to go through the following implementation procedure in order to successfully apply for the scheme:
- Under the scheme, beneficiaries will construct the houses themselves.
- The Panchayat Samiti will be the implementation agency for the scheme, under the direction and supervision of the DRDA for Zilla Parishad.
- Beneficiaries will have various options for house design and appropriate technology based on the region of their residence.
- The house will include a dedicated space for hygienic cooking, as well as a toilet and bathing area.
- The roof and walls must be strong enough to withstand the climatic conditions of the area.
- The dwelling house will construct on the beneficiary’s individual plot or the plot of their family member, with a no objection certificate required if built on a family member’s plot.
- Allotment of the house will be preferably in the name of the female head of the household, or jointly in the name of husband and wife if the household is not headed by a female.
- If the beneficiary is a person with a disability, the allotment will be in their name.
- The district administrator can arrange for the supply of materials like cement, steel, bricks, prefabricated components, and block point.
- The beneficiary can procure materials from the district administrator’s supplier or from other sources.
- Block staff will assign to facilitate the construction process for a specific number of beneficiaries.
- If a beneficiary is infirm, destitute, or a person with a disability and requests support in writing, the construction of their house may be taken up as part of a mason training program or entrust to a reputed agency
Impact of the Scheme on the Lives of Workers and Laborers
The yojana is launched by the government of Odisha to provide affordable housing facilities to the registered building and other construction workers in rural areas. With a pucca house of their own, the people can live in better conditions and have access to basic amenities like clean water, electricity, and sanitation facilities. Many workers in the building and construction industry are daily wage earners, and they often struggle to make ends meet. With the help of this scheme, they can have permanent residence, and they do not have to spend their hard-earned money on rent. This, in turn, can lead to greater economic security and stability. Owning a house is not just a basic need, but it also has a significant impact on the social status of individuals.
How to Apply for Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana 2024?
- Visit the official Nirman Shramik website of Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana
- On the homepage, click on the “Apply” option for the scheme
- Fill in all the necessary details on the application form
- Upload all the required documents
- Click on the “Submit” button to complete the application process
- Follow the above steps to successfully apply for scheme.
The applicant must follow the following selection procedure in order to get selected for the opportunity presented by the organisation:
- The board prepares an annual budget based on the available funds.
- The district labour officer submits the list of beneficiaries.
- The DLO provides all required details to the BDO to facilitate field inquiry.
- The BDO scrutinizes the list to verify if the construction worker has previously availed of housing assistance under any government scheme and conducts field verification.
- The block-level selection committee recommends a list of eligible beneficiaries to the district collector.
- The district collector approves the list and forwards it to the department.
- The Panchayati Raj and drinking water department communicates the district or block-wise target proportional to the eligible beneficiaries and publishes the entire list of eligible beneficiaries on their portal and the board’s portal.
- The BDO sanctions houses against the targeted allotted based on the auto-generated priority list.
- The order of beneficiaries in the priority list is maintain while sanctioning houses.
- Visit the official website of Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana.
- The homepage will appear.
- Click on the “MIS Login” option.
- Then, click on “Data Entry”.
- A new page will appear.
- Select the option of your choice.
- Another page will appear where you need to enter your user ID and password.
- Finally, click on the “Login” button.
- You will be logged into the portal.
Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana 2024 FAQs
Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana is a housing scheme launched by the Government of Odisha for construction workers in the state.
Construction workers registered with the Odisha Building and Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Board are eligible for the scheme.
The minimum carpet area of the house under the scheme is 25 square meters, including hygienic cooking space and excluding the toilet.
Preferably, the allotment of the house will be made in the name of the female head of the household. If there is no female head, the allotment will be made jointly in the name of husband and wife, or in the name of the male head of the family.
One can apply for the scheme by visiting the official website of Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana, filling up the application form, and uploading the required documents.